Robert Pattinson Travels to Futuristic Metropolis in 'Cosmopolis'
Robert Pattinson has nabbed the first film that he will do after completing the last "Twilight" film. He has signed up to star in David Cronenberg's "Cosmopolis" which is based on Don DeLillo's novel of the same title.
Pattinson is set to portray Eric Packer, a financial wunderkind who risks his entire fortune to bet against Japan's yen on a tumultuous day, Deadline Hollywood says. His risky move puts him in a potentially deadly repercussions.
Most of the scenes in the book take place over the course of one day, in a highly technical and very luxurious limousine Packer uses to take him across midtown Manhattan in order to get a haircut. His voyage is obstructed by various traffic jams caused by a presidential visit to the city, a funeral procession for a Sufi rap star and a full-fledged riot.
The story is said to be a study of capitalism in a slightly futuristic metropolis. The novel itself is a modern reinterpretation of James Joyce's "Ulysses," and is set in New York City during the year 2000, around the burst of the dot-com bubble.
Colin Farrell was previously linked to the lead role in "Cosmopolis". Additionally, Marion Cotillard and Paul Giamatti reportedly will join the film, starring as Packer's wife and one of Packer's two stalkers respectively. David Cronenberg will also write for the drama movie.
Robert Pattinson is in production for "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part I" and "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" which are shot back to back. He shares screen with Reese Witherspoon in "Water for Elephants" which is due April 22 in the U.S. and stars opposite Uma Thurman in upcoming "Bel Ami".
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign