Video: Josh Groban Sings His 'Best Tweets of Kanye West' Compilation
Josh Groban brought laughters to "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" when he appeared on the January 3 episode of the talk show to promote his "most anticipated album yet." He said, "Hello there, I'm Oscar and Grammy-nominated singer Josh Groban. [If] you love Kanye West's tweets as much as I do, you are going to love my new album."
He then proceeded to perform his so-called "Josh Groban's Best Tweets of Kanye West". Sitting behind a black grand piano, he belted out the rapper's short messages, "Can we please toast to the mutha****** douchebags tonight/ Do you know where to find marble conference tables? I'm looking to have a conference...not until I get the table though."
"At most his tweets are 140 characters, but the depth of his passion is immeasurable," he said in a deadpan expression. "Fur pillows are hard to actually sleep on/ Man ... whatever happened to my antique fish tank," he goes on with more dramatic singing when reaching those lines.
The fake album is announced to "include 752 original songs on 48 CDs." When introducing the commercial-style skit, Jimmy Kimmel jokingly said that the album has potential to be on the Grammy race for next year. Josh Groban himself reached out to his Twitter followers to comment on the sketch, hoping Kanye won't get mad at him. "It was an honor to sing these. I sincerely hope he doesn't lash out at me with sick floetry," he wrote.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'