Video: Josh Groban Sings His 'Best Tweets of Kanye West' Compilation
Josh Groban brought laughters to "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" when he appeared on the January 3 episode of the talk show to promote his "most anticipated album yet." He said, "Hello there, I'm Oscar and Grammy-nominated singer Josh Groban. [If] you love Kanye West's tweets as much as I do, you are going to love my new album."
He then proceeded to perform his so-called "Josh Groban's Best Tweets of Kanye West". Sitting behind a black grand piano, he belted out the rapper's short messages, "Can we please toast to the mutha****** douchebags tonight/ Do you know where to find marble conference tables? I'm looking to have a conference...not until I get the table though."
"At most his tweets are 140 characters, but the depth of his passion is immeasurable," he said in a deadpan expression. "Fur pillows are hard to actually sleep on/ Man ... whatever happened to my antique fish tank," he goes on with more dramatic singing when reaching those lines.
The fake album is announced to "include 752 original songs on 48 CDs." When introducing the commercial-style skit, Jimmy Kimmel jokingly said that the album has potential to be on the Grammy race for next year. Josh Groban himself reached out to his Twitter followers to comment on the sketch, hoping Kanye won't get mad at him. "It was an honor to sing these. I sincerely hope he doesn't lash out at me with sick floetry," he wrote.
More Josh Groban News
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist