Gwyneth Paltrow and Cee-Lo Team Up for 'SNL'
"Saturday Night Live" has announced an inevitable pair that will each host and perform in its January 15 episode. Gwyneth Paltrow is taking her third turn as a host of the variety show in a bid to promote her new movie "Country Strong" which opens wide in U.S. January 7. Cee-Lo, whose song Paltrow has covered for "Glee", is the musical guest.
Unlike Paltrow, this would be the Gnarls Barkley member's first time on "SNL". His third solo album "The Lady Killer" was released in November and the hit single "F**k You" has received four Grammy nominations including "Record of the Year" and "Song of the Year". Paltrow sang the tamer, radio version, retitled "Forget You" when she guest starred in a Fall episode of "Glee".
It is unclear whether these two artists would make a duet. Earlier this month, Paltrow revealed that she is indeed considering a music career with the help of Cee-Lo. "We're sort of emailing each other, we don't know where that's gonna go," she said. "But I am such a big fan of Cee Lo, he is so gorgeous and talented and amazing. We'll see."
"SNL" will begin the second leg of season 36 on January 8 with Jim Carrey as host and The Black Keys as the musical guest.
On another news, Betty White whose appearance on "SNL" last year was due to strong demand from fans via a Facebook campaign, has ruled out a return. "You should quit while you're even," White told Zap2it, "but they could not have been nicer." She added, "I had a great time, but that's it!"
More Saturday Night Live News
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist