Gwyneth Paltrow and Cee-Lo Team Up for 'SNL'
"Saturday Night Live" has announced an inevitable pair that will each host and perform in its January 15 episode. Gwyneth Paltrow is taking her third turn as a host of the variety show in a bid to promote her new movie "Country Strong" which opens wide in U.S. January 7. Cee-Lo, whose song Paltrow has covered for "Glee", is the musical guest.
Unlike Paltrow, this would be the Gnarls Barkley member's first time on "SNL". His third solo album "The Lady Killer" was released in November and the hit single "F**k You" has received four Grammy nominations including "Record of the Year" and "Song of the Year". Paltrow sang the tamer, radio version, retitled "Forget You" when she guest starred in a Fall episode of "Glee".
It is unclear whether these two artists would make a duet. Earlier this month, Paltrow revealed that she is indeed considering a music career with the help of Cee-Lo. "We're sort of emailing each other, we don't know where that's gonna go," she said. "But I am such a big fan of Cee Lo, he is so gorgeous and talented and amazing. We'll see."
"SNL" will begin the second leg of season 36 on January 8 with Jim Carrey as host and The Black Keys as the musical guest.
On another news, Betty White whose appearance on "SNL" last year was due to strong demand from fans via a Facebook campaign, has ruled out a return. "You should quit while you're even," White told Zap2it, "but they could not have been nicer." She added, "I had a great time, but that's it!"
More Saturday Night Live News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says