First Look at Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker in 'Spider-Man' Reboot
New set pictures of untitled Spider-Man reboot have emerged as the movie is currently in production, giving the first look at Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker. Unlike his co-star Emma Stone who dyes her hair blonde to portray Gwen Stacy, the lead actor does not undergo significant physical transformation. He is only seen sporting a messy hair style.
During the filming at a Los Angeles High School on Tuesday, January 4, he was joined by Stone. Donning winter outfits, the two sat on the bleachers of a football stadium while shooting scenes for the movie. They were additionally seen filming a kissing scene.
Garfield was recently interviewed by The Guardian about portraying Parker. Asked if he had to bulk up for the role, he gave a hearty laugh and said, "Strength! I think Spider-Man needs strength, but Peter Parker is still a teenager."
Meanwhile, Stone spilled the beans that there will be more than one new "Spider-Man" movie as she signed for multiple films. "There's a few Spider-Men, so I may have to keep it for a couple of years," she told Jay Leno.
"Spider-Man" reboot is being filmed under the direction of Marc Webb. Rhys Ifans is cast for a villainous role, but his character has not been unveiled yet. The action fantasy film franchise is made in 3-D and due to come out July 3, 2012 in the U.S.
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels