Amber Portwood Plotting 'Teen Mom' Exit
Could Amber Portwood let go of her $280,000 a year salary? This would be the question that pops to mind when the "Teen Mom" said that she is planning to quit the MTV show for it has given her a bad press. The 20-year-old was recently arrested on charges she assaulted ex-fiance Gary Shirley.
In a new video interview with TMZ, Amber admitted that she is conflicted in her celebrity status. "I might get attention, but it's not the right attention," she said. And then she added, "I turned 20 and I don't want to be known as 'Amber from Teen Mom'."
"Teen Mom" wrapped up the second season in October 2010. MTV will air another season titled "Teen Mom 2" starting January 11 at 10/9c with an all-new cast.
Amber has been taking an anger management class and gone through an eight-month therapy. She has broken up the engagement to Gary and moved on with Clint Yunker. Her daughter Leah stays with Gary and Amber was arrested in hometown Indiana on December 27.
Amber revealed that she learned something from her day behind bars, saying "I just kept thinking to myself these girls are in here for years, months. The lesson I learned in 24 hours in jail is basically what they've learned in their time there."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift