Amber Portwood Plotting 'Teen Mom' Exit
Could Amber Portwood let go of her $280,000 a year salary? This would be the question that pops to mind when the "Teen Mom" said that she is planning to quit the MTV show for it has given her a bad press. The 20-year-old was recently arrested on charges she assaulted ex-fiance Gary Shirley.
In a new video interview with TMZ, Amber admitted that she is conflicted in her celebrity status. "I might get attention, but it's not the right attention," she said. And then she added, "I turned 20 and I don't want to be known as 'Amber from Teen Mom'."
"Teen Mom" wrapped up the second season in October 2010. MTV will air another season titled "Teen Mom 2" starting January 11 at 10/9c with an all-new cast.
Amber has been taking an anger management class and gone through an eight-month therapy. She has broken up the engagement to Gary and moved on with Clint Yunker. Her daughter Leah stays with Gary and Amber was arrested in hometown Indiana on December 27.
Amber revealed that she learned something from her day behind bars, saying "I just kept thinking to myself these girls are in here for years, months. The lesson I learned in 24 hours in jail is basically what they've learned in their time there."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri