'Monsters, Inc. 2' Could Be a Prequel
Little has been known regarding "Monsters, Inc. 2" since it was first reported being developed in 2008. But now, Disney Central Plaza (via Stitch Kingdom) has a tidbit from the project, saying that the movie is going to be a prequel.
The site claims that a Disney film catalog has a brief plot synopsis for the film. And according to the synopsis, the upcoming movie "will take us back to before a time when Mike Wazowski was top comedian, before James P. Sullivan was top scarer, even before the buddies joined the MI workforce. In fact it takes us all the way back to school - the University of Fear to be precise. Although the two start out as frenemies, Monsters, Inc. 2 will weave the tale of how the dynamic duo transition from rivals to BFFs."
This, however, should be taken as just a rumor. Additionally, things could change and evolve over the course of development so the currently unveiled plot may not be used for the film.
"Monsters, Inc. 2" has tapped "Monsters, Inc." director Pete Docter to return to the helming duty. The upcoming animation is due November 2, 2012 in the U.S.
Pixar's "Monsters, Inc." follows the #1 scarer at Monstropolis' power company, Sulley (John Goodman) and his partner Mike (Billy Crystal), who get into trouble when a human toddler accidentally comes into their world. Having to avoid problems with the higher authorities, they now have to find a way home for the toddler. Released in 2001, the movie earned over $525.4 million worldwide.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut