Britney Spears Confirms January Release for 'Hold It Against Me'
Through her manager Adam Leber, Britney Spears clears up rumors about her upcoming single "Hold It Against Me". He started by warning fans about misleading info, "Lot of misinformation out there regarding the release of Brits 1st single. Don't believe everything you read unless of course it's an official announcement..."
Most recent report about the new song came from Sharon Dastur, program director for New York's Z100. He said it will come out on January 7, spilling the beans to Entertainment Weekly "And the beat that they give her is really unique compared to other artists - this infectious bass beat beneath the song. Plus, the hook is just amazing."
Apparently responding to the statement, Adam stated further, "Sorry guys, but never pay attention to unofficial announcements. Just trying to clarify. Please don't 'hold it against me'." He, however, admitted the song indeed will make its way out this month, "That said, the single is DEFINITELY coming in January. PS- happy new years people."
"Hold It Against Me" reportedly is produced by Dr. Luke and Max Martin. Lyrics of the song have been circulating on the web, and audition for dancers in the music video has been held. The new album, in which the song will appear, is planned to be made available for purchase in March.
More Britney Spears News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival