Britney Spears Confirms January Release for 'Hold It Against Me'
Through her manager Adam Leber, Britney Spears clears up rumors about her upcoming single "Hold It Against Me". He started by warning fans about misleading info, "Lot of misinformation out there regarding the release of Brits 1st single. Don't believe everything you read unless of course it's an official announcement..."
Most recent report about the new song came from Sharon Dastur, program director for New York's Z100. He said it will come out on January 7, spilling the beans to Entertainment Weekly "And the beat that they give her is really unique compared to other artists - this infectious bass beat beneath the song. Plus, the hook is just amazing."
Apparently responding to the statement, Adam stated further, "Sorry guys, but never pay attention to unofficial announcements. Just trying to clarify. Please don't 'hold it against me'." He, however, admitted the song indeed will make its way out this month, "That said, the single is DEFINITELY coming in January. PS- happy new years people."
"Hold It Against Me" reportedly is produced by Dr. Luke and Max Martin. Lyrics of the song have been circulating on the web, and audition for dancers in the music video has been held. The new album, in which the song will appear, is planned to be made available for purchase in March.
More Britney Spears News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics