Javier Bardem and Viggo Mortensen Are 'Dark Tower' Frontrunners
The race to land a spot in "The Dark Tower" is getting tough. After several top-notch actors like Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman and Jon Hamm were mentioned as the possible depicter of Roland Deshain, Javier Bardem is now added on the shortlist.
New York Post says the "Biutiful" star is the leading candidate while Viggo Mortensen, who has been mentioned earlier along with Craig and Jackman, is reportedly the second choice. Director Ron Howard noted before that Mortensen has been fans' favorite to portray the gunslinger.
"The Dark Tower", based on Stephen King's novels, is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. While some actors may think it will restrain their creativity, others may see it as an amazing opportunity.
There is still plenty of time for filmmakers to find the lead actor since the first film is planned to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date