Javier Bardem and Viggo Mortensen Are 'Dark Tower' Frontrunners
The race to land a spot in "The Dark Tower" is getting tough. After several top-notch actors like Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman and Jon Hamm were mentioned as the possible depicter of Roland Deshain, Javier Bardem is now added on the shortlist.
New York Post says the "Biutiful" star is the leading candidate while Viggo Mortensen, who has been mentioned earlier along with Craig and Jackman, is reportedly the second choice. Director Ron Howard noted before that Mortensen has been fans' favorite to portray the gunslinger.
"The Dark Tower", based on Stephen King's novels, is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. While some actors may think it will restrain their creativity, others may see it as an amazing opportunity.
There is still plenty of time for filmmakers to find the lead actor since the first film is planned to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
More The Dark Tower News
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!
- 'Magnificent Seven' Debuts Strong on Domestic Box Office, 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas
- Josh Brolin Ties the Knot With Longtime Girlfriend Kathryn Boyd. See the Photos