Javier Bardem and Viggo Mortensen Are 'Dark Tower' Frontrunners
The race to land a spot in "The Dark Tower" is getting tough. After several top-notch actors like Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman and Jon Hamm were mentioned as the possible depicter of Roland Deshain, Javier Bardem is now added on the shortlist.
New York Post says the "Biutiful" star is the leading candidate while Viggo Mortensen, who has been mentioned earlier along with Craig and Jackman, is reportedly the second choice. Director Ron Howard noted before that Mortensen has been fans' favorite to portray the gunslinger.
"The Dark Tower", based on Stephen King's novels, is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. While some actors may think it will restrain their creativity, others may see it as an amazing opportunity.
There is still plenty of time for filmmakers to find the lead actor since the first film is planned to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
More The Dark Tower News
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie