Javier Bardem and Viggo Mortensen Are 'Dark Tower' Frontrunners
The race to land a spot in "The Dark Tower" is getting tough. After several top-notch actors like Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman and Jon Hamm were mentioned as the possible depicter of Roland Deshain, Javier Bardem is now added on the shortlist.
New York Post says the "Biutiful" star is the leading candidate while Viggo Mortensen, who has been mentioned earlier along with Craig and Jackman, is reportedly the second choice. Director Ron Howard noted before that Mortensen has been fans' favorite to portray the gunslinger.
"The Dark Tower", based on Stephen King's novels, is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. While some actors may think it will restrain their creativity, others may see it as an amazing opportunity.
There is still plenty of time for filmmakers to find the lead actor since the first film is planned to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour