Javier Bardem and Viggo Mortensen Are 'Dark Tower' Frontrunners
The race to land a spot in "The Dark Tower" is getting tough. After several top-notch actors like Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman and Jon Hamm were mentioned as the possible depicter of Roland Deshain, Javier Bardem is now added on the shortlist.
New York Post says the "Biutiful" star is the leading candidate while Viggo Mortensen, who has been mentioned earlier along with Craig and Jackman, is reportedly the second choice. Director Ron Howard noted before that Mortensen has been fans' favorite to portray the gunslinger.
"The Dark Tower", based on Stephen King's novels, is planned to be made into three films with the TV series filling the gap between each movie. While some actors may think it will restrain their creativity, others may see it as an amazing opportunity.
There is still plenty of time for filmmakers to find the lead actor since the first film is planned to come out on May 17, 2013 in the U.S.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'