Eminem Pays Tribute to Proof in Leaked Song 'Difficult'
Eminem's songs keep flooding the web. After being heard on all-star track "Syllables" and collaborating with Jazmine Sullivan in "Cocaine", now the Slim Shady salutes fellow rapper Proof, the former member of D12, in another song "Difficult".
Proof was gunned down in a nightclub in 2006, and the Slim Shady devotes his verses to remember him in this track. His usual furious rhymes turn into soft, gentle ones when talking about his late friend, "I don't know where it came from, but it just stuck with us, we was always brothers/ Never thought about each other's skin colors."
"Doody, most of my life it's just been me and you there/ I continuously stare at pictures of you. I never got to say 'I love you' as much as I wanted to, but I do/ Yeah, I say it now when you can't hear me/ What the f*** good does that do me now?/ But somehow I know you're near me."
Eminem has also paid homage to Proof in "Recovery" song "You're Never Over". He raps, "If Proof could see me now, I know he'd be proud/ Somewhere in me deep down, there's something in me he found/ That made him believe in me, no one can beat me now."
More Eminem News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell