Tim Burton NOT Making 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' Sequel
Tim Burton is not going to make another "Nightmare Before Christmas". The helmer was recently reported planning to make a sequel to the 1993 animation but Derek Frey, producer and executive at Tim Burton Productions, has quickly denied it.
Via The Playlist, Frey who worked as an assistant to Burton on some of his films says there is "no truth to the rumor". Frey once also worked on the 3-D version of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which was released in 2007 under the title "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D".
Rumor on the development of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" sequel started when Dread Central reported that "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" star Paul Reubens is keen on working with Burton again but the helmer is already busy with several projects. One of them, according to the actor, is the follow-up to "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
While Burton is not working on the second family fantasy movie, he surely has at least one project lining up in 2011. He is prepping for the filming of "Dark Shadows" in April. It will be a big screen adaptation of the 1960s television show and will reunite him and Johnny Depp once again after working together in "Alice in Wonderland".
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna