Tim Burton NOT Making 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' Sequel
Tim Burton is not going to make another "Nightmare Before Christmas". The helmer was recently reported planning to make a sequel to the 1993 animation but Derek Frey, producer and executive at Tim Burton Productions, has quickly denied it.
Via The Playlist, Frey who worked as an assistant to Burton on some of his films says there is "no truth to the rumor". Frey once also worked on the 3-D version of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which was released in 2007 under the title "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D".
Rumor on the development of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" sequel started when Dread Central reported that "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" star Paul Reubens is keen on working with Burton again but the helmer is already busy with several projects. One of them, according to the actor, is the follow-up to "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
While Burton is not working on the second family fantasy movie, he surely has at least one project lining up in 2011. He is prepping for the filming of "Dark Shadows" in April. It will be a big screen adaptation of the 1960s television show and will reunite him and Johnny Depp once again after working together in "Alice in Wonderland".
- Harry Styles Stops His Concert to Pay Tribute to Victims of Manchester Bombing
- Jack Kesy Rumored to Play Tom Cassidy in 'Deadpool 2'
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts