Tim Burton NOT Making 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' Sequel
Tim Burton is not going to make another "Nightmare Before Christmas". The helmer was recently reported planning to make a sequel to the 1993 animation but Derek Frey, producer and executive at Tim Burton Productions, has quickly denied it.
Via The Playlist, Frey who worked as an assistant to Burton on some of his films says there is "no truth to the rumor". Frey once also worked on the 3-D version of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which was released in 2007 under the title "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D".
Rumor on the development of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" sequel started when Dread Central reported that "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" star Paul Reubens is keen on working with Burton again but the helmer is already busy with several projects. One of them, according to the actor, is the follow-up to "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
While Burton is not working on the second family fantasy movie, he surely has at least one project lining up in 2011. He is prepping for the filming of "Dark Shadows" in April. It will be a big screen adaptation of the 1960s television show and will reunite him and Johnny Depp once again after working together in "Alice in Wonderland".
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs