Tim Burton NOT Making 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' Sequel
Tim Burton is not going to make another "Nightmare Before Christmas". The helmer was recently reported planning to make a sequel to the 1993 animation but Derek Frey, producer and executive at Tim Burton Productions, has quickly denied it.
Via The Playlist, Frey who worked as an assistant to Burton on some of his films says there is "no truth to the rumor". Frey once also worked on the 3-D version of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which was released in 2007 under the title "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D".
Rumor on the development of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" sequel started when Dread Central reported that "Pee-wee's Big Adventure" star Paul Reubens is keen on working with Burton again but the helmer is already busy with several projects. One of them, according to the actor, is the follow-up to "The Nightmare Before Christmas".
While Burton is not working on the second family fantasy movie, he surely has at least one project lining up in 2011. He is prepping for the filming of "Dark Shadows" in April. It will be a big screen adaptation of the 1960s television show and will reunite him and Johnny Depp once again after working together in "Alice in Wonderland".
- Ivanka Trump Gets Booed by Audience During Berlin Summit, but She's 'Used to It'
- Watch Adam Levine's Heartfelt Tribute to Christina Grimmie on 'The Voice'
- Nick Gordon Has New Girlfriend, a Year After Bobbi Kristina Brown's Death
- Braless Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer One-Piece Swimsuit
- Shania Twain Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- 'Avengers 4' Title Won't Be 'Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet', Says James Gunn
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are 'Okay' Without Having Their Own Kids on Their Relationship
- 'Shadowhunters' Reveals First Look at Sebastian in Season 2B Promo