Kaleidoscope 2010: Important Events in Entertainment (Part 3/4)
Going to the third quarter of 2010, the world of television became dominant with the end of midseason fillers and the start of Fall series. The months before winter came were also deemed perfect for weddings. Such celebrities as Anna Paquin and Hilary Duff chose to tie the knot in August. Meanwhile, big studios recovered from the summer movies fiesta and began mapping out the films they are releasing in the next two years.
Through this Kaleidoscope, AceShowbiz presents the important events happening in the entertainment world in the last 12 months. Divided into quarters, the annual Kaleidoscope is published between December 28 and 31.
Despite her worldwide success, Lady GaGa was not illegible for 2010 Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards because she received a nomination for Best Dance Recording in 2009. Controversies had since erupted following the exclusion, prompting the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) to change rules for the category to avoid another drama in the coming years. Now, any artists as long as they haven't released an album and haven't won a Gramophone can be nominated for the coveted nod.
- Other notable events of the month:
- Jul 01: Andrew Garfield was officially cast as Peter Parker in untitled Spider-Man reboot.
- Jul 03: Cristiano Ronaldo announced he's a dad to baby boy but prefers to have the baby's mother's identity secret.
- Jul 05: Pete Wentz formed new band Black Cards following Fall Out Boy's break-up.
- Jul 07: Lady GaGa's snub made Grammys change rule for New Artist category.
- Jul 09: Tape featuring Mel Gibson launching racist and offensive tirade against Oksana Grigorieva released for the first time by Radar Online.
- Jul 13: Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem's July wedding first revealed and confirmed by rep.
- Jul 13: Taylor Lautner kicked off principal photography of "Abduction".
- Jul 16: Paris Hilton released after detained by police in France on Friday for alleged pot possession.
- Jul 17: Tiger Woods dropped F bomb on live TV after missing a putt on the 13th hole.
- Jul 21: Christina Aguilera debuted "You Lost Me" music video.
- Jul 21: Nicki Minaj's "Your Love" music video arrived.
- Jul 22: Rep confirmed Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr have wed.
- Jul 22: Justin Bieber announced his first acting gig on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation".
- Jul 24: The main cast of "The Avengers" were announced at San Diego Comic Con.
- Jul 29: Laurence Fishburne's daughter Montana Fishburne revealed she starred in porno flick.
- Jul 29: Obama became first sitting U.S. president to visit a daytime talk show
- Jul 29: Ellen DeGeneres announced her departure from"American Idol".
- Jul 30: T.I. wed his longtime girlfriend Tameka Cottle in a courthouse in Miami, Florida.
- Jul 31: Pregnant Alicia Keys wed Swizz Beatz in the French island of Corsica.
22-year-old Jimena Navarrete from Mexico succeeded Stefania Fernandez to become the reigning queen at Miss Universe 2010 Pageant. She was consequently the second Mexican delegate to win the title, after Lupita Jones in 1991.
- Other notable events of the month:
- Aug 02: Ali Fedotowsky of "The Bachelorette" picked Roberto Martinez as her final choice.
- Aug 03: "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" got release date.
- Aug 03: Jeff Goldblum resigned from "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" while it goes through limbo.
- Aug 05: Eminem premiered "Love the way You Lie" music video featuring Rihanna.
- Aug 07: HBO programming president Michael Lombardo confirmed last season of "Entourage".
- Aug 08: Justin Bieber dominated music winners list of 2010 Teen Choice Awards with four kudos.
- Aug 09: Rep confirmed that Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen called off their engagement.
- Aug 10: Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream" music video arrived.
- Aug 12: The split point of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" was revealed.
- Aug 13: Rep confirmed that Patricia Arquette and Thomas Jane were divorcing for the second time and "the split is completely amicable."
- Aug 13: "Toy Story 3" replaced "Shrek 2" as highest grossing animation of all time.
- Aug 14: Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie wed at the Mediterranean Villa La Quinta in Santa Barbara, California.
- Aug 16: Rooney Mara nabbed the lead role in "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)".
- Aug 21: Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer wed at a beach side villa in Malibu.
- Aug 23: Miss Mexico Jimena Navarrete was named Miss Universe 2010.
- Aug 23: Tiger Woods and wife Elin Nordegren were officially divorced.
- Aug 23: Courteney Cox confirmed reuniting with Jennifer Aniston on "Cougar Town".
- Aug 26: Taylor Swift's highly-anticipated "Mine" music video leaked.
- Aug 26: After 8 seasons, Will Forte announced his departure from "Saturday Night Live".
- Aug 29:"Mad Men" is Best Drama,"Modern Family"is Best Comedy at 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
Andy Whitfield pulled away from the second season of "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" after his non-Hodgkin lymphoma returned. Planning an aggressive treatment, he decided to step down from the titular role. Producers then had to decide between canceling the show or replacing him with a new face. They eventually came to agreement that casting a new actor would be more favorable choice.
- Other notable events of the month:
- Sep 01: T.I. and Tameka Cottle were arrested and booked for possession of a controlled substance.
- Sep 02: Shooting of "Transformers 3" in Chicago was wrapped earlier after an extra was injured on the set.
- Sep 03: Cheryl Cole was granted a divorce from England footballer husband Ashley Cole.
- Sep 13: Lady GaGa broke record by dominating MTV VMAs Winners List with 8 kudos.
- Sep 14: Justin Bieber was confirmed to star in Will Smith's top secret project.
- Sep 17: The first two cast members of J.J. Abrams' "Super 8" were revealed.
- Sep 17: Andy Whitfield announced his cancer is back, thus withdrawing from "Spartacus: Blood and Sand" season 2.
- Sep 18: Randy Quaid and wife Evi Quaid were arrested and charged with felony residential burglary and entering a noncommercial building without consent.
- Sep 20: News that Elisabeth Moss and comedian Fred Armisen split made headline.
- Sep 21: Vincent D'Onofrio's return to "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" announced.
- Sep 21: Wyclef Jean officially withdrew from Haiti's presidential race.
- Sep 22: "American Idol" officially introduced Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler as the new judges.
- Sep 22: Katy Perry's cleavage on "Sesame Street" criticized by viewers.
- Sep 23: Portia de Rossi officially took the last name of her wife, Ellen DeGeneres.
- Sep 27: Michael Buble channeled his inner Justin Bieber in "Hollywood" music video.
- Sep 27: ABC brought back season 11's Brad Womack to "The Bachelor".
- Sep 29: "Australia's Next Top Model" host read the wrong winner name.
- Sep 30: Justin Bieber offered ultimate fantasy for being his girlfriend in "U Smile" music video.
« Back to Part 2 | Continue to Part 4»
- Watch This Mysterious Teaser for Neill Blomkamp's Dystopian Short Film
- Khloe Kardashian Will Stop Scott Disick From Ruining Kourtney's Life
- Kim Kardashian Says Kanye West, Not Monica Rose, Was Responsible for Her Style Transformation
- 'Gotham': Get First Glimpse of Ra's Al Ghul in Season 3 Finale Preview
- Ivanka Trump Gets Blasted for Insensitive 'Champagne Popsicle' Tweet on Memorial Day
- Leonardo DiCaprio Spotted With Leggy Models in Monaco
- 2 Chainz Reveals 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' Track List, Shares New Song '4 AM' Ft. Travis Scott
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?