New 'Green Lantern' Image Gives Clearer Look at Tomar-Re
The #61 issue of "Green Lantern" comic book hitting book stores this week is provided with a preview to "Green Lantern" movie. It has a picture that gives a clearer look at Tomar-Re which could be seen briefly in the first trailer. The scan version has now hit the web.
Tomar-Re is a scientist from the planet Xudar before joining Green Lantern. In the accompanying text to the image, DC writer and Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns explains, "His nature to examine everything has led the Guardians of the Universe to appoint him the archivist and protector of the sacred Book of Oa."
"When not studying the nature of the Corps, Tomar-Re patrols the sector of 2813 where he developed a close friendship with neighboring sector 2814's Green Lantern, Abin Sur. Tomar has taken an interest in Abin's replacement, Hal Jordan. Though Hal is not one for details, Tomar hopes to teach Hal what it means to be a Green Lantern."
Ryan Reynolds takes the lead role of Hal Jordan, while Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard star as villainous characters Sinestro and Hector Hammond respectively. Blake Lively also lands a role in the action superhero film as Hal's love interest, Carol Ferris.
Directed by Martin Campbell, "Green Lantern" is due June 17, 2011 for U.S. release.
More Green Lantern News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie