New 'Green Lantern' Image Gives Clearer Look at Tomar-Re
The #61 issue of "Green Lantern" comic book hitting book stores this week is provided with a preview to "Green Lantern" movie. It has a picture that gives a clearer look at Tomar-Re which could be seen briefly in the first trailer. The scan version has now hit the web.
Tomar-Re is a scientist from the planet Xudar before joining Green Lantern. In the accompanying text to the image, DC writer and Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns explains, "His nature to examine everything has led the Guardians of the Universe to appoint him the archivist and protector of the sacred Book of Oa."
"When not studying the nature of the Corps, Tomar-Re patrols the sector of 2813 where he developed a close friendship with neighboring sector 2814's Green Lantern, Abin Sur. Tomar has taken an interest in Abin's replacement, Hal Jordan. Though Hal is not one for details, Tomar hopes to teach Hal what it means to be a Green Lantern."
Ryan Reynolds takes the lead role of Hal Jordan, while Mark Strong and Peter Sarsgaard star as villainous characters Sinestro and Hector Hammond respectively. Blake Lively also lands a role in the action superhero film as Hal's love interest, Carol Ferris.
Directed by Martin Campbell, "Green Lantern" is due June 17, 2011 for U.S. release.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris