Bon Jovi, AC/DC, U2 and Lady GaGa Have Biggest-Selling World Tours
Bon Jovi have the most successful world tour this year. Although their latest record "The Circle" did not sell strongly, Jon Bon Jovi and his bandmates managed to rake in a whopping $201.1 million worth of tickets for at least their 80 concerts around the world in a traveling show to promote the album.
Bon Jovi beat 2009's highest-grossing acts U2 and AC/DC. U2 were atop the list last year with $311 million, and AC/DC followed with $227 million. Now, Bono and the gang come in the third place with $160.9 million (32 shows), behind Brian Johnson-fronted band who successfully sold $177 million (40 shows).
Next, there is Lady GaGa. The outlandish singer who scores this year's world's biggest-selling album matches the accolade by becoming the fourth-biggest tour earner of the year. Her lengthy "Monster Ball" tour pulls in an impressive $133.6 million from 138 gigs throughout 2010.
Other musicians appearing on top concerts list include Metallica, Michael Buble, Paul McCartney and Eagles. Overall, tough economy has caused this year's ticket sales on the downslide. Ticket sales for the top 50 tours worldwide fell 12 percent to $2.93 billion, and they dropped 15 percent to $1.69 billion in North America.
- Bon Jovi ($201.1 million)
- AC/DC ($177 million)
- U2 ($160.9 million)
- Lady GaGa ($133.6 million)
- Metallica ($110.1 million)
- Michael Buble ($104.2 million)
- "Walking With Dinosaurs" live show ($104.1 million)
- Paul McCartney ($93 million)
- Eagles ($92.3 million)
- Roger Waters ($89.5 million)
- Michelle Rodriguez Threatens to Quit 'Fast and Furious' Franchise Over Its Depiction of Women
- Paris Hilton and Chris Zylka Are Reportedly Getting Engaged Soon
- Missing the Kids, Brad Pitt Urges Angelina Jolie to Have Family Reunion
- Watch Nick Jonas' Calvin Klein-Esque Video for 'Remember I Told You' Ft. Anne-Marie and Mike Posner
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Rachel Ends Lee-Kenny Feud, Sends Home Six Guys
- Report: Rob Kardashian Says He Pays All of Blac Chyna's Bills
- 'America's Got Talent' Week 5: Guy Sings Whitney Houston's 'I Have Nothing' Like It's Nothing
- Remy Ma Totally Expects Nicki Minaj's Diss at NBA Awards