Bon Jovi, AC/DC, U2 and Lady GaGa Have Biggest-Selling World Tours
Bon Jovi have the most successful world tour this year. Although their latest record "The Circle" did not sell strongly, Jon Bon Jovi and his bandmates managed to rake in a whopping $201.1 million worth of tickets for at least their 80 concerts around the world in a traveling show to promote the album.
Bon Jovi beat 2009's highest-grossing acts U2 and AC/DC. U2 were atop the list last year with $311 million, and AC/DC followed with $227 million. Now, Bono and the gang come in the third place with $160.9 million (32 shows), behind Brian Johnson-fronted band who successfully sold $177 million (40 shows).
Next, there is Lady GaGa. The outlandish singer who scores this year's world's biggest-selling album matches the accolade by becoming the fourth-biggest tour earner of the year. Her lengthy "Monster Ball" tour pulls in an impressive $133.6 million from 138 gigs throughout 2010.
Other musicians appearing on top concerts list include Metallica, Michael Buble, Paul McCartney and Eagles. Overall, tough economy has caused this year's ticket sales on the downslide. Ticket sales for the top 50 tours worldwide fell 12 percent to $2.93 billion, and they dropped 15 percent to $1.69 billion in North America.
- Bon Jovi ($201.1 million)
- AC/DC ($177 million)
- U2 ($160.9 million)
- Lady GaGa ($133.6 million)
- Metallica ($110.1 million)
- Michael Buble ($104.2 million)
- "Walking With Dinosaurs" live show ($104.1 million)
- Paul McCartney ($93 million)
- Eagles ($92.3 million)
- Roger Waters ($89.5 million)
More Bon Jovi News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones