MTV's Abortion Special 'No Easy Decision' Saw Raw Emotions
MTV aired a raw and bold documentary called "No Easy Decision" as a holiday special and it presented an issue as hard as its title. The spin-off to "16 and Pregnant" follows the reality show's alumna Markai Durham who fell pregnant for the second time. It highlights the emotional distress that Markai went through until she reached the decision to abort the baby.
Markai, who actually was banned from talking to the press before the episode aired, wrote on her Facebook page to prepare viewers of what they would see. "I thought I was on birth control," she wrote on early Tuesday morning. "I thought I was protected I thought this would have never been anything I would have to go through. But it just shows you ...you will never know."
She continued, "If your pro-life I understand. If your pro-choice hey Im with you. If your anti-abortion I was you. Each and everyone of you I listen to. Even if its only calling me names or disrespecting me because of my decison. (sic)."
In the half-hour show, Markai said, "We can't take care of another baby. Abortion is the best choice for us." She called several clinics to find out more about her options, received information about the differences between a medical and a surgical abortion and broke in tears after the call was over. She said, "I never thought [abortion] would be an option for me."
She was six weeks into the pregnancy when she had the abortion. At the end she concluded, "I wouldn't choose abortion as a first option for anyone, but it was the best decision for me. I know I'll make it through."
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March