'Uncharted: Drake's Fortune' Will Not Feature 'Family Dynamic'
"Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" will not include Nathan Drake's extended family. While the movie's helmer David O. Russell was believed saying it will feature "the family dynamic", "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception" game director Justin Richmond says the information did not come from Russell.
"This idea really turns me on that there's a family that's a force to be reckoned with in the world of international art and antiquities... [a family] that deals with heads of state and heads of museums and metes out justice," Russell reportedly said which was quoted by Los Angeles Times at that time. "We'll have the family dynamic, which we've done in a couple of movies now... And then you take that and put it on the bigger, more muscular stage of an international action picture, but also put all the character stuff in it. That's a really cool idea to me."
However, Richmond just tells Joystiq that Russell did not admit he ever said things like that, insisting "First of all, all that stuff was denied by David O. Russell... He actually called us up and was like, 'I don't know what these guys are talking about.' " He additionally claims Mark Wahlberg, who spilled the bean that he is set to portray the title character, is not confirmed for the part either.
Wahlberg, in a November interview with MTV, also revealed that Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci could star in the movie. The former was said to be Drake's father, while the latter might be his uncle. "It's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure," the "The Other Guys" star gushed, adding that production might kick off next summer.
"Uncharted: Drake's Fortune", which is based on a videogame series for PS3, follows a descendant of explorer Sir Francis Drake, a treasure hunter named Nathan Drake as he searched for the lost treasure of El Dorado. The story is sort of Indiana Jones adventure but is set in the present.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'