Diane Kruger Replaces Eva Green to Bid 'Farewell, My Queen'
Eva Green has just dropped another role. After Gemma Arterton said she will replace Green in "Waiting for Robert Capa", now Diane Kruger steps in to take over her role in "Farewell, My Queen". The "National Treasure" blonde beauty will be seen playing Marie Antoinette in the upcoming movie, The Playlist says.
She joins Lea Seydoux and Gerard Depardieu whose involvements have been known before. Seydoux is set to portray a reader to her royal majesty during the final days of the French Revolution. There is still no word on who Depardieu will portray, but it is believed that he will be seen as a member of the royal family.
"Farewell, My Queen" will be helmed by Benoit Jacquot, who is best known for his films "The School of Flesh", "The Untouchable", "Keep It Quiet" and "Seventh Heaven". Shooting possibly takes place sometime next spring.
Diane Kruger is famous for her role as Helen in "Troy". She took part in acclaimed film "Inglourious Basterds" and landed several nods through her performance in it. The 34-year-old actress is also set to reprise her role as Dr. Abigail Chase in "National Treasure 3", but the project has not shown significant progress since it was said to be shot last fall.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs