Diane Kruger Replaces Eva Green to Bid 'Farewell, My Queen'
Eva Green has just dropped another role. After Gemma Arterton said she will replace Green in "Waiting for Robert Capa", now Diane Kruger steps in to take over her role in "Farewell, My Queen". The "National Treasure" blonde beauty will be seen playing Marie Antoinette in the upcoming movie, The Playlist says.
She joins Lea Seydoux and Gerard Depardieu whose involvements have been known before. Seydoux is set to portray a reader to her royal majesty during the final days of the French Revolution. There is still no word on who Depardieu will portray, but it is believed that he will be seen as a member of the royal family.
"Farewell, My Queen" will be helmed by Benoit Jacquot, who is best known for his films "The School of Flesh", "The Untouchable", "Keep It Quiet" and "Seventh Heaven". Shooting possibly takes place sometime next spring.
Diane Kruger is famous for her role as Helen in "Troy". She took part in acclaimed film "Inglourious Basterds" and landed several nods through her performance in it. The 34-year-old actress is also set to reprise her role as Dr. Abigail Chase in "National Treasure 3", but the project has not shown significant progress since it was said to be shot last fall.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism