Diane Kruger Replaces Eva Green to Bid 'Farewell, My Queen'
Eva Green has just dropped another role. After Gemma Arterton said she will replace Green in "Waiting for Robert Capa", now Diane Kruger steps in to take over her role in "Farewell, My Queen". The "National Treasure" blonde beauty will be seen playing Marie Antoinette in the upcoming movie, The Playlist says.
She joins Lea Seydoux and Gerard Depardieu whose involvements have been known before. Seydoux is set to portray a reader to her royal majesty during the final days of the French Revolution. There is still no word on who Depardieu will portray, but it is believed that he will be seen as a member of the royal family.
"Farewell, My Queen" will be helmed by Benoit Jacquot, who is best known for his films "The School of Flesh", "The Untouchable", "Keep It Quiet" and "Seventh Heaven". Shooting possibly takes place sometime next spring.
Diane Kruger is famous for her role as Helen in "Troy". She took part in acclaimed film "Inglourious Basterds" and landed several nods through her performance in it. The 34-year-old actress is also set to reprise her role as Dr. Abigail Chase in "National Treasure 3", but the project has not shown significant progress since it was said to be shot last fall.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen