Avril Lavigne's 'What the Hell' Will Be Released for Free
Avril Lavigne delighted her fans when she announced that her forthcoming single "What the Hell" will be made available for free download on her Facebook. The track is set to come out on January 1, 2011 after she showcases it live on the star-studded "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest".
"What the Hell" is lead single from her upcoming fourth studio album "Goodbye Lullaby". She said to Entertainment Weekly, "The song is more pop and uptempo and kind of reminiscent of my old stuff, and the rest of the record is more stripped and raw and a little deeper. So this album is less pop-rock than the previous stuff, but the first single is a more like that."
The album is Avril's first effort since she released her third studio album "The Best Damn Thing" three years ago. Earlier this year, she wrote an open letter to her fans, explaining that "bureaucratic BS" delayed her fourth effort from being released. Explaining the statement, she told EW, "I've been really anxious just to get back out there and to sing and to tour, so I know that the fans were all really waiting, being super supportive, and I really appreciate that."
"You know a lot of people run into complications with their record companies sometimes where they have their vision, but I've always had my own vision for my music and I put my foot down, and you know, had to be strong about that, and overall I made the record that I wanted to make, so I'm very happy with it and very excited to finally be putting it out."
"Goodbye Lullaby" is due in the United States on March 8, 2011. And Avril plans a tour next year to promote the album, stating "I just love to sing and get up on stage and see the fans so I'm ready to get back out there."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip