Avril Lavigne's 'What the Hell' Will Be Released for Free
Avril Lavigne delighted her fans when she announced that her forthcoming single "What the Hell" will be made available for free download on her Facebook. The track is set to come out on January 1, 2011 after she showcases it live on the star-studded "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest".
"What the Hell" is lead single from her upcoming fourth studio album "Goodbye Lullaby". She said to Entertainment Weekly, "The song is more pop and uptempo and kind of reminiscent of my old stuff, and the rest of the record is more stripped and raw and a little deeper. So this album is less pop-rock than the previous stuff, but the first single is a more like that."
The album is Avril's first effort since she released her third studio album "The Best Damn Thing" three years ago. Earlier this year, she wrote an open letter to her fans, explaining that "bureaucratic BS" delayed her fourth effort from being released. Explaining the statement, she told EW, "I've been really anxious just to get back out there and to sing and to tour, so I know that the fans were all really waiting, being super supportive, and I really appreciate that."
"You know a lot of people run into complications with their record companies sometimes where they have their vision, but I've always had my own vision for my music and I put my foot down, and you know, had to be strong about that, and overall I made the record that I wanted to make, so I'm very happy with it and very excited to finally be putting it out."
"Goodbye Lullaby" is due in the United States on March 8, 2011. And Avril plans a tour next year to promote the album, stating "I just love to sing and get up on stage and see the fans so I'm ready to get back out there."
More Avril Lavigne News
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?