'Black Swan' Leads 2010 Online Critics Society Awards Nominations
The 2010 Online Film Critics Society Awards nominations have been announced on December 27. Leading the way to win big at the upcoming ceremony is "Black Swan" which gets the most nods with seven. The movie is nominated for Best Picture, battling it out with "Inception", "The Social Network" and "Toy Story 3", "True Grit" and "Winter's Bone".
Lead star Natalie Portman, who has been touted as Oscar winner, lands a spot at OFCS Awards' Best Actress category. She faces off Annette Bening ("The Kids Are All Right"), Kim Hye-ja ("Mother"), Nicole Kidman ("Rabbit Hole") and Jennifer Lawrence ("Winter's Bone"). Portman's co-star Mila Kunis, meanwhile, is nominated for Best Supporting Actress along with Amy Adams ("The Fighter"), Melissa Leo ("The Fighter"), Hailee Steinfeld ("True Grit") and Jacki Weaver ("Animal Kingdom").
Moreover, Darren Aronofsky is up for Best Director kudo, which is contested by Danny Boyle ("127 Hours"), Joel and Ethan Coen ("True Grit"), David Fincher ("The Social Network") and Christopher Nolan ("Inception"). "Black Swan" gets the other nominees for Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography and Best Editing.
Following close behind "Black Swan" are "The Social Network" and "True Grit" with six each. "Inception" and "127 Hours" score five each. "Toy Story 3" also gets multiple nods, being nominated for Best Animated Feature in addition to the Best Picture honor.
The full nominations list of 2010 Online Film Critics Society Awards can be seen on the official site. The winners of the prize giving event will be announced on Monday, January 3, 2011.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story