'Million Dollar Money Drop' Bosses Refuse to Return Wronged Couple's Money
Last week, Gabe Okoye and Brittany Matyi, who lost $800,000 in "Million Dollar Money Drop", were invited back to the game show. It was revealed that their answer for a question given by host Kevin Pollak had been wrongly deemed incorrect.
The couple risked the money on one question, "Which product was sold in stores first, the Macintosh computer, the Post-It Note, or the Sony Walkman?" Gabe confidently chose "post-it notes", but they were told that Walkman came out a year before the post-it notes.
In fixing the error, Fox released a statement, "Unfortunately, the information our research department originally obtained from 3M regarding when Post-it notes were first sold was incomplete. As a result of new information we have received from 3M, we feel it is only fair to give our contestants, Gabe and Brittany, another shot to play Million Dollar Money Drop."
In response to the invitation, Gabe had this to say, "If they decide to [give us the money] then that's their decision, if not, then, you know, it is what it is." He added, "Honestly, it was a lot of money - you start thinking about what you could do with it, trying to help the family out. That's really what we wanted to do with it, is just help our families out."
However, Fox declined to give back the money, insisting the final question in the game is always all-or-nothing and they got it wrong anyway. "They never had a chance to win that money. Ever. No matter what," Pollak told The Hollywood Reporter. "They got the last question wrong. None of the clips [on the web] show the last question."
He is keen to have Gabe and Brittany back on the show, but disappointed about their hesitance. "I say right on," he said. "But now they are saying there's too much pressure? Oh my God! Way to get the country to turn against you. That's interesting, they would make such a stink and then ultimately maybe not come back."
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Assassinating Donald Trump: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Khloe Kardashian Sizzling in Completely Sheer Bodysuit. Tempting Tristan Thompson?
- Chance the Rapper Apologizes to Dr. Dre for Degrading His Label
- Brad Pitt Wishes to Reconcile With Angelina Jolie Despite Messy Split
- Chris Brown Reveals He Tried to Have a Baby With Karrueche Tran
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role