Elton John and David Furnish's First Child Born on Christmas
Elton John and David Furnish are now officially first-time fathers. They have welcomed their son, Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, in California on Christmas Day. The baby was born with the help of a surrogate mother, weighing 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and measuring 22 inches long.
"We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment. Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents," Elton and David say in a statement. And out of respect for the surrogate mother's privacy, the couple tells Us Magazine that they would not be disclosing any further information relating to the surrogacy arrangements.
Elton John and David Furnish, married in 2005 civil partnership in England, had previously shown their interest to become parents. The pair attempted to adopt an HIV positive child from the Ukriane in 2009, but were denied because of Elton's age and the fact that the country did not recognize civil marriages.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'