Elton John and David Furnish's First Child Born on Christmas
Elton John and David Furnish are now officially first-time fathers. They have welcomed their son, Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, in California on Christmas Day. The baby was born with the help of a surrogate mother, weighing 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and measuring 22 inches long.
"We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment. Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents," Elton and David say in a statement. And out of respect for the surrogate mother's privacy, the couple tells Us Magazine that they would not be disclosing any further information relating to the surrogacy arrangements.
Elton John and David Furnish, married in 2005 civil partnership in England, had previously shown their interest to become parents. The pair attempted to adopt an HIV positive child from the Ukriane in 2009, but were denied because of Elton's age and the fact that the country did not recognize civil marriages.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date