Elton John and David Furnish's First Child Born on Christmas
Elton John and David Furnish are now officially first-time fathers. They have welcomed their son, Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, in California on Christmas Day. The baby was born with the help of a surrogate mother, weighing 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and measuring 22 inches long.
"We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment. Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents," Elton and David say in a statement. And out of respect for the surrogate mother's privacy, the couple tells Us Magazine that they would not be disclosing any further information relating to the surrogacy arrangements.
Elton John and David Furnish, married in 2005 civil partnership in England, had previously shown their interest to become parents. The pair attempted to adopt an HIV positive child from the Ukriane in 2009, but were denied because of Elton's age and the fact that the country did not recognize civil marriages.
More Elton John News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival