Elton John and David Furnish's First Child Born on Christmas
Elton John and David Furnish are now officially first-time fathers. They have welcomed their son, Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, in California on Christmas Day. The baby was born with the help of a surrogate mother, weighing 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and measuring 22 inches long.
"We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment. Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents," Elton and David say in a statement. And out of respect for the surrogate mother's privacy, the couple tells Us Magazine that they would not be disclosing any further information relating to the surrogacy arrangements.
Elton John and David Furnish, married in 2005 civil partnership in England, had previously shown their interest to become parents. The pair attempted to adopt an HIV positive child from the Ukriane in 2009, but were denied because of Elton's age and the fact that the country did not recognize civil marriages.
More Elton John News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour