Elton John and David Furnish's First Child Born on Christmas
Elton John and David Furnish are now officially first-time fathers. They have welcomed their son, Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, in California on Christmas Day. The baby was born with the help of a surrogate mother, weighing 7 lbs. 15 ozs. and measuring 22 inches long.
"We are overwhelmed with happiness and joy at this very special moment. Zachary is healthy and doing really well, and we are very proud and happy parents," Elton and David say in a statement. And out of respect for the surrogate mother's privacy, the couple tells Us Magazine that they would not be disclosing any further information relating to the surrogacy arrangements.
Elton John and David Furnish, married in 2005 civil partnership in England, had previously shown their interest to become parents. The pair attempted to adopt an HIV positive child from the Ukriane in 2009, but were denied because of Elton's age and the fact that the country did not recognize civil marriages.
More Elton John News
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight