Report of 'The Avengers' Fighting The Skrulls and Kree Is Just Rumor
It seems that fans have to wait a little longer to find out who "The Avengers" villains are. While recent article from the Albuquerque Journal (via Ain't It Cool News) mentioned that the film will include "battle with two alien races, the Skrulls and the Kree," it turns out that the report is just rumor.
SuperHeroHype confirms that the information published in the printed media "was not officially released through Marvel Studios and can instead be attributed to a research error on the part of the newspaper." While the site says it does not subsequently rule out Kree or the Skrull's appearance in "The Avengers", "there is no hard evidence to date to suggest their inclusion."
So far, the official cast line-up "The Avengers" includes Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo and Clark Gregg. Demi Lovato was recently said up for a role in the film, but Marvel Studios has not commented on this yet.
Production for the action superhero movie will take place in New Mexico after previously planned to be set in Los Angeles. Gathering the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, "The Avengers" is set to kick off the principal photography in April 2011 for May 4, 2012 release in the U.S. Joss Whedon is on board to direct it.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'