Artist of the Week: Matt Cardle
Matt Cardle shot to stardom as he was crowned "The X Factor" winner on the finale of season 7. He beat fellow contestant Rebecca Ferguson by receiving an estimated 44.61% of vote and immidiately won a 1-million-pound recording contract with Syco Music.
Humbled with his victory, the former painter and decorator credited fans for his success, "I'm quite an emotional person anyway, although everything is heightened when you're on this show. Seeing the support I got at home this week choked me up a little bit."
He re-recorded Biffy Clyro's single "Many of Horror" for his debut single, and released it under new title "When We Collide". He debuted at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart despite several online campaigns to block his way to the top spot. The cover version sold around 439,000 copies in its first week.
He was unmoved at the second week, continuing to sit at the first place of the weekly list. According to the Official Charts Company which compiles the rundown, the track added another 300,000 units in its second week of release, taking the total to 740,000. That makes it the second biggest-selling single of 2010, behind "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video