Artist of the Week: Matt Cardle
Matt Cardle shot to stardom as he was crowned "The X Factor" winner on the finale of season 7. He beat fellow contestant Rebecca Ferguson by receiving an estimated 44.61% of vote and immidiately won a 1-million-pound recording contract with Syco Music.
Humbled with his victory, the former painter and decorator credited fans for his success, "I'm quite an emotional person anyway, although everything is heightened when you're on this show. Seeing the support I got at home this week choked me up a little bit."
He re-recorded Biffy Clyro's single "Many of Horror" for his debut single, and released it under new title "When We Collide". He debuted at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart despite several online campaigns to block his way to the top spot. The cover version sold around 439,000 copies in its first week.
He was unmoved at the second week, continuing to sit at the first place of the weekly list. According to the Official Charts Company which compiles the rundown, the track added another 300,000 units in its second week of release, taking the total to 740,000. That makes it the second biggest-selling single of 2010, behind "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna.
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free