Artist of the Week: Matt Cardle
Matt Cardle shot to stardom as he was crowned "The X Factor" winner on the finale of season 7. He beat fellow contestant Rebecca Ferguson by receiving an estimated 44.61% of vote and immidiately won a 1-million-pound recording contract with Syco Music.
Humbled with his victory, the former painter and decorator credited fans for his success, "I'm quite an emotional person anyway, although everything is heightened when you're on this show. Seeing the support I got at home this week choked me up a little bit."
He re-recorded Biffy Clyro's single "Many of Horror" for his debut single, and released it under new title "When We Collide". He debuted at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart despite several online campaigns to block his way to the top spot. The cover version sold around 439,000 copies in its first week.
He was unmoved at the second week, continuing to sit at the first place of the weekly list. According to the Official Charts Company which compiles the rundown, the track added another 300,000 units in its second week of release, taking the total to 740,000. That makes it the second biggest-selling single of 2010, behind "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'