Artist of the Week: Matt Cardle
Matt Cardle shot to stardom as he was crowned "The X Factor" winner on the finale of season 7. He beat fellow contestant Rebecca Ferguson by receiving an estimated 44.61% of vote and immidiately won a 1-million-pound recording contract with Syco Music.
Humbled with his victory, the former painter and decorator credited fans for his success, "I'm quite an emotional person anyway, although everything is heightened when you're on this show. Seeing the support I got at home this week choked me up a little bit."
He re-recorded Biffy Clyro's single "Many of Horror" for his debut single, and released it under new title "When We Collide". He debuted at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart despite several online campaigns to block his way to the top spot. The cover version sold around 439,000 copies in its first week.
He was unmoved at the second week, continuing to sit at the first place of the weekly list. According to the Official Charts Company which compiles the rundown, the track added another 300,000 units in its second week of release, taking the total to 740,000. That makes it the second biggest-selling single of 2010, behind "Love the Way You Lie" by Eminem featuring Rihanna.
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters