Newly-Single Zac Efron Shaves Head for Charity
Zac Efron who split from his girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens earlier this month has a new hair-do. The "High School Musical" actor shaved his head in a military haircut, and his fresh look was revealed when a picture of him wearing army outfit and posing with a female fan made its way out via TwitPic.
Efron reportedly cut his hair on the set of his new movie "The Lucky One". He also challenged crew members of the film to cut their hair. The deal was he would donate an undisclosed amount of cash to local charity Kingsley House for each crew who took the challenge.
Some 30 crew took the offer, and two of them who were women donated their hair to Locks of Love, an organization that makes wigs for sick children. "He likes doing things for charity -- two Make-A-Wish kids came a visit to the set while he was there -- and he felt like he wanted to do something for a New Orleans charity since he had such a nice time shooting there," his publicist Gina Hoffman told Times-Picayune.
In "The Lucky One", Zac Efron takes the lead role of U.S. Marine Sergeant Logan Thibault who has survived three tours of duty in Iraq and attributes his good luck to a photograph he carried of a woman, whom he doesn't even know. When he returns to the States, he will seek out the girl and later they develop a relationship. The movie is scheduled for 2011 release.
More Zac Efron News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby