Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson File for Divorce
Around a week after announcing their split in a joint statement, Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson file for divorce. Reynolds filed the paperwork in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday, December 23, and Johansson entered her divorce response simultaneously.
The estranged celebrity couple cite December 14, the day when they revealed the separation to the media, as the date of their split. There reportedly was no pre-nuptial agreement, and neither of them is seeking spousal support.
Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson were engaged in May 2008 and got married four months later in his native Canada. When announcing the split earlier this month, they said, "After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage. We entered our relationship with love, and it's with love and kindness we leave it. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."
More Ryan Reynolds News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones