'The Avengers' Takes Filming to New Mexico
"The Avengers" is set to film in New Mexico and it could be the biggest production taking place in the state. The reason Marvel Studios is moving it from Los Angeles to new Mexico is none other than to take advantage of the state's 25% tax rebate for film and TV productions.
Also, instead of shooting beginning in February 2011 like previously scheduled, the film will kick start in April and wrap it up in September. Meanwhile, secondary locations for the 3D production include New York and Michigan.
This would save the studio a lot of money for it has to pay the movie's star-studded cast ensemble like Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo and Clark Gregg. The same approach was taken by "True Grit" and another Marvel project "Thor".
Joss Whedon is set to direct the film which aims for May 4, 2012 release in the U.S.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7