'The Avengers' Takes Filming to New Mexico
"The Avengers" is set to film in New Mexico and it could be the biggest production taking place in the state. The reason Marvel Studios is moving it from Los Angeles to new Mexico is none other than to take advantage of the state's 25% tax rebate for film and TV productions.
Also, instead of shooting beginning in February 2011 like previously scheduled, the film will kick start in April and wrap it up in September. Meanwhile, secondary locations for the 3D production include New York and Michigan.
This would save the studio a lot of money for it has to pay the movie's star-studded cast ensemble like Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo and Clark Gregg. The same approach was taken by "True Grit" and another Marvel project "Thor".
Joss Whedon is set to direct the film which aims for May 4, 2012 release in the U.S.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date