'The Avengers' Takes Filming to New Mexico
"The Avengers" is set to film in New Mexico and it could be the biggest production taking place in the state. The reason Marvel Studios is moving it from Los Angeles to new Mexico is none other than to take advantage of the state's 25% tax rebate for film and TV productions.
Also, instead of shooting beginning in February 2011 like previously scheduled, the film will kick start in April and wrap it up in September. Meanwhile, secondary locations for the 3D production include New York and Michigan.
This would save the studio a lot of money for it has to pay the movie's star-studded cast ensemble like Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo and Clark Gregg. The same approach was taken by "True Grit" and another Marvel project "Thor".
Joss Whedon is set to direct the film which aims for May 4, 2012 release in the U.S.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death