'The Avengers' Takes Filming to New Mexico
"The Avengers" is set to film in New Mexico and it could be the biggest production taking place in the state. The reason Marvel Studios is moving it from Los Angeles to new Mexico is none other than to take advantage of the state's 25% tax rebate for film and TV productions.
Also, instead of shooting beginning in February 2011 like previously scheduled, the film will kick start in April and wrap it up in September. Meanwhile, secondary locations for the 3D production include New York and Michigan.
This would save the studio a lot of money for it has to pay the movie's star-studded cast ensemble like Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo and Clark Gregg. The same approach was taken by "True Grit" and another Marvel project "Thor".
Joss Whedon is set to direct the film which aims for May 4, 2012 release in the U.S.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date