'The Avengers' Takes Filming to New Mexico
"The Avengers" is set to film in New Mexico and it could be the biggest production taking place in the state. The reason Marvel Studios is moving it from Los Angeles to new Mexico is none other than to take advantage of the state's 25% tax rebate for film and TV productions.
Also, instead of shooting beginning in February 2011 like previously scheduled, the film will kick start in April and wrap it up in September. Meanwhile, secondary locations for the 3D production include New York and Michigan.
This would save the studio a lot of money for it has to pay the movie's star-studded cast ensemble like Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo and Clark Gregg. The same approach was taken by "True Grit" and another Marvel project "Thor".
Joss Whedon is set to direct the film which aims for May 4, 2012 release in the U.S.
More The Avengers News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic