Taylor Swift Returns to No. 1 on Hot 200, Blocking Michael Jackson
After dethroned from the top spot of Billboard Hot 200 following her historical 1-million-copy debut, Taylor Swift finally clears her way back to the penthouse of the U.S. albums chart this week. The country music singer claims the No. 1 position once again with her latest effort "Speak Now".
She switches places with Susan Boyle. As the young singer moves up to the first spot with additional 259,000 copies (up 29%), the "Britain's Got Talent" singing sensation has to drop one slot to the runner-up place with 254,000 units sold for her set "The Gift".
So far, "Speak Now" has sold a total of 2.6 million copies after only two months of release. It becomes this year's third-best selling album, standing behind Eminem's "Recovery" (3.2 million) and Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" (3 million).
Beside pushing aside Boyle, Swift also stands in Michael Jackson's way to the top spot through his first posthumous album. Featuring Akon, 50 Cent and Lenny Kravitz, the "Michael" CD lands at the third place with 228,000 in its opening week.
The next two spots are secured by Jackie Evancho's "O Holy Night" and "Glee" Christmas album. Next, there are R. Kelly and Diddy-Dirty Money. Kelly arrives at No. 6 with "Love Letter" (154,000), and the Dirty Money enter just behind him with "Last Train to Paris" (101,000). Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday" falls from No. 6 to No. 8, Kid Rock's "Born Free" returns to the Top 10 list at No. 9 after being absent for a while, and "Glee" once again makes a double invasion by placing its "Volume 4" collection at No. 10.
The next highest chart debut outside the Top 10 this week is Crystal Bowersox's "Farmer's Daughter". Selling around 58,000 copies with her debut album, the "American Idol" runner-up bows at No. 28. She beats winner Lee DeWyze in opening sale number, but her "Farmer's Daughter" chart debut is a couple slots lower than his "Live It Up". He entered at No. 19 with 39,000 last month.
- "Speak Now" - Taylor Swift (259,000)
- "The Gift" - Susan Boyle (254,000)
- "Michael" - Michael Jackson (228,000)
- "O Holy Night" - Jackie Evancho (191,000)
- "Glee: The music, The Christmas Album" - various artists (158,000)
- "Love Letter" - R. Kelly (154,000)
- "Last Train to Paris" - Diddy-Dirty Money (101,000)
- "Pink Friday" - Nicki Minaj (97,000)
- "Born Free" - Kid Rock (94,000)
- "Glee: The music, Volume 4" - various artists (87,000)
More Taylor Swift News
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'
- Watch Demi Lovato Practice Kissing Using Ed Sheeran Pillow on 'Ew!' With Jimmy Fallon
- Listen to The Chainsmokers' Heartbreaking Ballad 'The One'
- First Official Photos of Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft in 'Tomb Raider' Reboot Are Unveiled
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Extended Trailer Sees Ray and Nikki Plotting a Revenge
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...