'Blue Valentine' Release Moved to Earlier Date
"Blue Valentine" is going to be released on a Wednesday in Los Angeles and New York. The Weinstein Company moved the limited opening date two days earlier from December 31 to 29 so that they get a head start on New Year's holiday weekend.
The romance drama will then have one more screening in New York on December 31 before opening wide in 10 markets starting January 7. The film actually debuted a year ago at Sundance Film Festival with NC-17 rating. But then it got picked up by Weinstein which fought for a wider appeal for the movie from MPAA. It has since been granted Rated R.
Directed by Derek Cianfrance, "Blue Valentine" follows a married couple with a young daughter. Cindy (Michelle Williams) and Dean (Ryan Gosling) hope to save their marriage and audience will be brought back to the time they met and fell in love.
In a non-traditional approach, Williams and Gosling were told to live in the house used in the movie. "We were told to make memories basically and then have it as [the characters] Dean and Cindy would," Williams said in an interview with ABC's "Nightline" to promote the film. "To make a budget, to go grocery shopping, to bake a birthday cake ... go to the Sears family portrait studio ... all that kind of stuff."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle