'Blue Valentine' Release Moved to Earlier Date
"Blue Valentine" is going to be released on a Wednesday in Los Angeles and New York. The Weinstein Company moved the limited opening date two days earlier from December 31 to 29 so that they get a head start on New Year's holiday weekend.
The romance drama will then have one more screening in New York on December 31 before opening wide in 10 markets starting January 7. The film actually debuted a year ago at Sundance Film Festival with NC-17 rating. But then it got picked up by Weinstein which fought for a wider appeal for the movie from MPAA. It has since been granted Rated R.
Directed by Derek Cianfrance, "Blue Valentine" follows a married couple with a young daughter. Cindy (Michelle Williams) and Dean (Ryan Gosling) hope to save their marriage and audience will be brought back to the time they met and fell in love.
In a non-traditional approach, Williams and Gosling were told to live in the house used in the movie. "We were told to make memories basically and then have it as [the characters] Dean and Cindy would," Williams said in an interview with ABC's "Nightline" to promote the film. "To make a budget, to go grocery shopping, to bake a birthday cake ... go to the Sears family portrait studio ... all that kind of stuff."
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location
- Brad Pitt to Have Plactic Surgery as Angelina Jolie Divorce Ruins His Appearance
- ABC's 'Gong Show' Reboot Taps Tommy Maitland or Presumably Mike Myers in Disguise to Host