'Blue Valentine' Release Moved to Earlier Date
"Blue Valentine" is going to be released on a Wednesday in Los Angeles and New York. The Weinstein Company moved the limited opening date two days earlier from December 31 to 29 so that they get a head start on New Year's holiday weekend.
The romance drama will then have one more screening in New York on December 31 before opening wide in 10 markets starting January 7. The film actually debuted a year ago at Sundance Film Festival with NC-17 rating. But then it got picked up by Weinstein which fought for a wider appeal for the movie from MPAA. It has since been granted Rated R.
Directed by Derek Cianfrance, "Blue Valentine" follows a married couple with a young daughter. Cindy (Michelle Williams) and Dean (Ryan Gosling) hope to save their marriage and audience will be brought back to the time they met and fell in love.
In a non-traditional approach, Williams and Gosling were told to live in the house used in the movie. "We were told to make memories basically and then have it as [the characters] Dean and Cindy would," Williams said in an interview with ABC's "Nightline" to promote the film. "To make a budget, to go grocery shopping, to bake a birthday cake ... go to the Sears family portrait studio ... all that kind of stuff."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3