'Blue Valentine' Release Moved to Earlier Date
"Blue Valentine" is going to be released on a Wednesday in Los Angeles and New York. The Weinstein Company moved the limited opening date two days earlier from December 31 to 29 so that they get a head start on New Year's holiday weekend.
The romance drama will then have one more screening in New York on December 31 before opening wide in 10 markets starting January 7. The film actually debuted a year ago at Sundance Film Festival with NC-17 rating. But then it got picked up by Weinstein which fought for a wider appeal for the movie from MPAA. It has since been granted Rated R.
Directed by Derek Cianfrance, "Blue Valentine" follows a married couple with a young daughter. Cindy (Michelle Williams) and Dean (Ryan Gosling) hope to save their marriage and audience will be brought back to the time they met and fell in love.
In a non-traditional approach, Williams and Gosling were told to live in the house used in the movie. "We were told to make memories basically and then have it as [the characters] Dean and Cindy would," Williams said in an interview with ABC's "Nightline" to promote the film. "To make a budget, to go grocery shopping, to bake a birthday cake ... go to the Sears family portrait studio ... all that kind of stuff."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones