Video: Bret Michaels Engaged to Kristi Gibson on National TV
Bret Michaels is officially off the market. He got engaged to his on-and-off girlfriend of 16 years Kristi Gibson on the finale of his reality TV show "Bret Michaels: Life as I Know It" which aired Monday, December 20. They are parents to two daughters.
"I love you, and you've been unbelievably a big part of my life, and we have two beautiful girls together," he said, getting down on one knee. "I know we love and respect each other, and I hope that we can find that inner love that we have forever. And I want you to be my wife."
Michaels added, "Just say yes, because rejection will kill me right now." After the engagement, the couple shared the happy news with their daughters; Raine, 10, and Jorja, 5. "I did it!" the Poison rocker said. "We'll all be together forever! Family hug!"
The night before popping up the question to Gibson, Michaels took her to a dinner to celebrate their anniversary. He actually planned to propose to her during the outing, but couldn't find the right moment. "I wasn't ready there because I felt really strange," he confessed to People. "It would've been like, I'm in the middle of proposing and oh, by the way, there's a Cobb salad coming."
Gibson is credited by Michaels as "the one who put up with him all these years" including the time when he was fighting a life-threatening brain hemorrhage. Now that they are engaged, he couldn't be happier, telling People "They swore I was the guy who would never ... And it feels awesome."
Also thrilled with their engagement, Gibson said, "I love him. I've been through everything with him. A ring and a paper wouldn't make me love him more. I'm just happy he's alive. But this is the best birthday and Christmas present ever. We'll be virgins stepping into the whole engagement and marriage thing. And with our girls growing up, we'll all have the same last name."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says