Green Day's New Album Gets Title and Release Date
Green Day had hinted last summer that they were preparing for an album release. Amazon.co.uk has now listed "Awesome as F**k" as the title of their live album which would be released in the U.K. as a two-disc set on March 15, 2011. It is expected to hit Stateside and other regions around the same time too.
No further details are available. The rock band, whose frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has been occupied in Broadway show based on their "American Idiot" album, toured the nation last summer and it's likely that the materials in the live album are recorded during this jaunt. The band wrote on Twitter in August, "We've been recording our live shows since the beginning of tour. Possible live album coming."
It would be extra special for their fans if "Cigarettes" which was never released would be included in this recording. The song was first intended as the title track of an album after the 2000's "Warning" but the tapes were stolen and the men moved on to creating "American Idiot".
The last live album that they did was 2006's "Bullet in a Bible" which was recorded live in the U.K. at Milton Keynes Bowl in 2005.
More Green Day News
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms