'King's Speech', 'Social Network' Dominate London Critics' Circle Awards Nominations
The London Critics Circle has announced the nominees for its upcoming awards show. Dominating the list are none other than Oscar favorites "The King's Speech" and "The Social Network". The former leads in number as it gets seven nods, while the latter follows with five.
Both drama movies will have a tight battle to get Film of the Year Title, competing against each other in addition to "Black Swan", "The Kids Are All Right" and "Toy Story 3" in the category. "King's Speech" and "Social Network" also have equal chance to take home Screenwriter of the Year kudo.
The two films also put their lead actors, Colin Firth and Jesse Eisenberg, in contention for Actor of the Year title. Other contenders for the honor include Jeff Bridges ("True Grit"), Ryan Gosling ("Blue Valentine") and Edgar Ramirez ("Carlos").
Firth gets another nod in British Actor of the Year category, which is also given for his performance in "King's Speech". Meanwhile, Eisenberg's "Social Network" co-star Andrew Garfield is among British Actor in a Supporting Role nominees.
Another British film, "Another Year", is also hailed by The London Critics Circle with seven nominations. Helmed by Mike Leigh, the drama which will be released in limited U.S. theaters in late this month will fight for British director, British actress and British actor prizes among others.
People will get to know the winners of 2011 London Critics' Circle Film Awards in a gala taking place at the National Film Theatre at BFI Southbank on February 10. The full nominations list can be seen here.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly