Committed Is Winner of 'The Sing-Off' Season 2
"The Sing-Off" season 2 ended with Committed being crowned the new winner. The six-man group from Alabama beat out Street Corner Symphony for the title on Monday, December 20 finale, taking home $100,000 in cash and a recording contract with Sony Music.
"We owe all this to God and our friends and family," Therry Thomas, lead vocalist for the group said, adding they would start touring soon. Host Nick Lachey had a difficulty in breaking them from hugging the runner up and received the trophy. He said later, "Savor this moment."
During the two hour finale, Jerry Lawson & Talk of the Town were eliminated first but they got to sing with Sheryl Crow in "Long Road Home" and Nicole Scherzinger in "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". Lawson said, "It's been a wonderful, wonderful experience for me. There were no winners and losers because all of us sang a great style of a capella."
Then it was The Backbeats' turn to meet the chopping block. The group earlier that night teamed up with Sara Bareilles in "King of Anything" and joined Crow as well as Talk of the Town in their collaborative performance.
In their final performance, Committed sang the Michael Jackson featuring Akon song "Hold My Hand" while Street Corner Symphony picked Coldplay's "Fix You." The two finalists also backed up Neil Diamond on a performance of the classic "Ain't No Sunshine".
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?