Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's Raunchy Gigs on 'X Factor' Investigated
Producers of "The X Factor" perhaps would be more careful now that the talent show is under investigation following a lot of complaints about Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's performances at the Saturday finale. Media regulator Ocfom said it had received 2,750 complaints, while 1,500 were sent to ITV.
Aguilera and Rihanna appeared on December 11 to both make a duet with the finalists and perform solo. Aguilera, who wore short dress while her dancers were clad in two pieces, sang a number from her new movie "Burlesque". Meanwhile, Rihanna included a mild striptease move in her performance of "What's My Name".
Viewers who filed complaints argued that such stage act should not be aired at such an early hour. According to Guardian, the number of complaints doubled since images from the final were printed in a double-page spread in the Daily Mail.
The episode was aired at 7 P.M. and watched by over 14 million viewers. Now Ofcom, which is like the British version of FCC, has to "protect children from sexualized content", including protecting them "by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them".
In response to the complaints, an "X Factor" spokesman had said that the performances "were appropriate for the show."
- Christina Aguilera
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes