Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's Raunchy Gigs on 'X Factor' Investigated
Producers of "The X Factor" perhaps would be more careful now that the talent show is under investigation following a lot of complaints about Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's performances at the Saturday finale. Media regulator Ocfom said it had received 2,750 complaints, while 1,500 were sent to ITV.
Aguilera and Rihanna appeared on December 11 to both make a duet with the finalists and perform solo. Aguilera, who wore short dress while her dancers were clad in two pieces, sang a number from her new movie "Burlesque". Meanwhile, Rihanna included a mild striptease move in her performance of "What's My Name".
Viewers who filed complaints argued that such stage act should not be aired at such an early hour. According to Guardian, the number of complaints doubled since images from the final were printed in a double-page spread in the Daily Mail.
The episode was aired at 7 P.M. and watched by over 14 million viewers. Now Ofcom, which is like the British version of FCC, has to "protect children from sexualized content", including protecting them "by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them".
In response to the complaints, an "X Factor" spokesman had said that the performances "were appropriate for the show."
- Christina Aguilera
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video