Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's Raunchy Gigs on 'X Factor' Investigated
Producers of "The X Factor" perhaps would be more careful now that the talent show is under investigation following a lot of complaints about Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's performances at the Saturday finale. Media regulator Ocfom said it had received 2,750 complaints, while 1,500 were sent to ITV.
Aguilera and Rihanna appeared on December 11 to both make a duet with the finalists and perform solo. Aguilera, who wore short dress while her dancers were clad in two pieces, sang a number from her new movie "Burlesque". Meanwhile, Rihanna included a mild striptease move in her performance of "What's My Name".
Viewers who filed complaints argued that such stage act should not be aired at such an early hour. According to Guardian, the number of complaints doubled since images from the final were printed in a double-page spread in the Daily Mail.
The episode was aired at 7 P.M. and watched by over 14 million viewers. Now Ofcom, which is like the British version of FCC, has to "protect children from sexualized content", including protecting them "by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them".
In response to the complaints, an "X Factor" spokesman had said that the performances "were appropriate for the show."
- Christina Aguilera
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist