Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's Raunchy Gigs on 'X Factor' Investigated
Producers of "The X Factor" perhaps would be more careful now that the talent show is under investigation following a lot of complaints about Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's performances at the Saturday finale. Media regulator Ocfom said it had received 2,750 complaints, while 1,500 were sent to ITV.
Aguilera and Rihanna appeared on December 11 to both make a duet with the finalists and perform solo. Aguilera, who wore short dress while her dancers were clad in two pieces, sang a number from her new movie "Burlesque". Meanwhile, Rihanna included a mild striptease move in her performance of "What's My Name".
Viewers who filed complaints argued that such stage act should not be aired at such an early hour. According to Guardian, the number of complaints doubled since images from the final were printed in a double-page spread in the Daily Mail.
The episode was aired at 7 P.M. and watched by over 14 million viewers. Now Ofcom, which is like the British version of FCC, has to "protect children from sexualized content", including protecting them "by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them".
In response to the complaints, an "X Factor" spokesman had said that the performances "were appropriate for the show."
- Christina Aguilera
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel