Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's Raunchy Gigs on 'X Factor' Investigated
Producers of "The X Factor" perhaps would be more careful now that the talent show is under investigation following a lot of complaints about Christina Aguilera and Rihanna's performances at the Saturday finale. Media regulator Ocfom said it had received 2,750 complaints, while 1,500 were sent to ITV.
Aguilera and Rihanna appeared on December 11 to both make a duet with the finalists and perform solo. Aguilera, who wore short dress while her dancers were clad in two pieces, sang a number from her new movie "Burlesque". Meanwhile, Rihanna included a mild striptease move in her performance of "What's My Name".
Viewers who filed complaints argued that such stage act should not be aired at such an early hour. According to Guardian, the number of complaints doubled since images from the final were printed in a double-page spread in the Daily Mail.
The episode was aired at 7 P.M. and watched by over 14 million viewers. Now Ofcom, which is like the British version of FCC, has to "protect children from sexualized content", including protecting them "by appropriate scheduling from material that is unsuitable for them".
In response to the complaints, an "X Factor" spokesman had said that the performances "were appropriate for the show."
- Christina Aguilera
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer