Phillip Noyce Won't Direct Sequel to Angelina Jolie's 'Salt'
Phillip Noyce is not on board for a follow-up to "Salt", which has Angelina Jolie as lead actress. In contrary to report mentioning he is interested to return to the possible sequel, the helmer has just stated that he has no plan to make the second film.
"Those 3 [alternate] Blu-ray cuts [of the film] represent just about everything I have to offer on Evelyn Salt", Noyce tells Moviehole. He goes on explaining, "If there ever is a sequel, better its directed by someone with a completely fresh take on what I believe could be a totally entertaining and complex series of stories."
As for his upcoming projects, the filmmaker shares, "Christopher Hampton, of 'Atonement' fame, is currently in negotiations to rework the 'Dirt Music' script, with Russell Crowe confirmed to play singer/song writer Luther Fox. Its a film about the transporting power of love and music. I'm also working with 'Salt' producer Sunil Perkash and writer Bill Kelly ('Enchanted') on another romantic drama called 'Timeless', being financed by Relativity."
"Salt" sequel itself has not been given a greenlight though the July 23 release has earned as much as $293.5 million worldwide. Angelina Jolie once said she is up to reprise her role as an undercover Russian spy in another installment of the action thriller.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby