Phillip Noyce Won't Direct Sequel to Angelina Jolie's 'Salt'
Phillip Noyce is not on board for a follow-up to "Salt", which has Angelina Jolie as lead actress. In contrary to report mentioning he is interested to return to the possible sequel, the helmer has just stated that he has no plan to make the second film.
"Those 3 [alternate] Blu-ray cuts [of the film] represent just about everything I have to offer on Evelyn Salt", Noyce tells Moviehole. He goes on explaining, "If there ever is a sequel, better its directed by someone with a completely fresh take on what I believe could be a totally entertaining and complex series of stories."
As for his upcoming projects, the filmmaker shares, "Christopher Hampton, of 'Atonement' fame, is currently in negotiations to rework the 'Dirt Music' script, with Russell Crowe confirmed to play singer/song writer Luther Fox. Its a film about the transporting power of love and music. I'm also working with 'Salt' producer Sunil Perkash and writer Bill Kelly ('Enchanted') on another romantic drama called 'Timeless', being financed by Relativity."
"Salt" sequel itself has not been given a greenlight though the July 23 release has earned as much as $293.5 million worldwide. Angelina Jolie once said she is up to reprise her role as an undercover Russian spy in another installment of the action thriller.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding