Phillip Noyce Won't Direct Sequel to Angelina Jolie's 'Salt'
Phillip Noyce is not on board for a follow-up to "Salt", which has Angelina Jolie as lead actress. In contrary to report mentioning he is interested to return to the possible sequel, the helmer has just stated that he has no plan to make the second film.
"Those 3 [alternate] Blu-ray cuts [of the film] represent just about everything I have to offer on Evelyn Salt", Noyce tells Moviehole. He goes on explaining, "If there ever is a sequel, better its directed by someone with a completely fresh take on what I believe could be a totally entertaining and complex series of stories."
As for his upcoming projects, the filmmaker shares, "Christopher Hampton, of 'Atonement' fame, is currently in negotiations to rework the 'Dirt Music' script, with Russell Crowe confirmed to play singer/song writer Luther Fox. Its a film about the transporting power of love and music. I'm also working with 'Salt' producer Sunil Perkash and writer Bill Kelly ('Enchanted') on another romantic drama called 'Timeless', being financed by Relativity."
"Salt" sequel itself has not been given a greenlight though the July 23 release has earned as much as $293.5 million worldwide. Angelina Jolie once said she is up to reprise her role as an undercover Russian spy in another installment of the action thriller.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal