Phillip Noyce Won't Direct Sequel to Angelina Jolie's 'Salt'
Phillip Noyce is not on board for a follow-up to "Salt", which has Angelina Jolie as lead actress. In contrary to report mentioning he is interested to return to the possible sequel, the helmer has just stated that he has no plan to make the second film.
"Those 3 [alternate] Blu-ray cuts [of the film] represent just about everything I have to offer on Evelyn Salt", Noyce tells Moviehole. He goes on explaining, "If there ever is a sequel, better its directed by someone with a completely fresh take on what I believe could be a totally entertaining and complex series of stories."
As for his upcoming projects, the filmmaker shares, "Christopher Hampton, of 'Atonement' fame, is currently in negotiations to rework the 'Dirt Music' script, with Russell Crowe confirmed to play singer/song writer Luther Fox. Its a film about the transporting power of love and music. I'm also working with 'Salt' producer Sunil Perkash and writer Bill Kelly ('Enchanted') on another romantic drama called 'Timeless', being financed by Relativity."
"Salt" sequel itself has not been given a greenlight though the July 23 release has earned as much as $293.5 million worldwide. Angelina Jolie once said she is up to reprise her role as an undercover Russian spy in another installment of the action thriller.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off