Ken and Barbie Return for 'Toy Story' Short Film
"Toy Story 3" may be the end of the feature film series, but the characters will not be subsequently dead. Disney and Pixar had previously announced that they will make "Toy Story" short film and apparently are moving forward with their plan as Disney animator Floyd Norman recently tweeted, "Ken and Barbie want to go to Hawaii. I don't know what it's gonna be attached to. Fun stuff, however."
While various sites linked his tweet to "Toy Story" short, he claimed he has no idea if the work he referred to as "Hawaii" is the one which has been planned to be attached to "Cars 2". "I honestly have no idea what short will precede 'Cars2.' In any case, it's been a busy week," he added later.
Meanwhile, "Toy Story 3" helmer Lee Unkrich has confirmed that the short film will indeed be attached to "Cars" sequel, which is scheduled to hit theaters across the nation on June 24, 2011. The filmmaker previously said, "We have announced we're going to do a short film in front of 'Cars 2' that uses the 'Toy Story' characters. We're going to keep them alive; they're not going away forever."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt