Ken and Barbie Return for 'Toy Story' Short Film
"Toy Story 3" may be the end of the feature film series, but the characters will not be subsequently dead. Disney and Pixar had previously announced that they will make "Toy Story" short film and apparently are moving forward with their plan as Disney animator Floyd Norman recently tweeted, "Ken and Barbie want to go to Hawaii. I don't know what it's gonna be attached to. Fun stuff, however."
While various sites linked his tweet to "Toy Story" short, he claimed he has no idea if the work he referred to as "Hawaii" is the one which has been planned to be attached to "Cars 2". "I honestly have no idea what short will precede 'Cars2.' In any case, it's been a busy week," he added later.
Meanwhile, "Toy Story 3" helmer Lee Unkrich has confirmed that the short film will indeed be attached to "Cars" sequel, which is scheduled to hit theaters across the nation on June 24, 2011. The filmmaker previously said, "We have announced we're going to do a short film in front of 'Cars 2' that uses the 'Toy Story' characters. We're going to keep them alive; they're not going away forever."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance