Artist of the Week: Wiz Khalifa
Slowly but sure, Wiz Khalifa places himself among sought-after rappers in the music game. Gaining attention from Hip-Hop community since his first mixtape five years ago, he gradually built strong fans base. In just a year, he was declared Rolling Stone's "Artist to Watch", and then moved to win the title of MTV's Hottest Breakthrough MC of 2010.
Now in the middle of preparing his next studio installment, Khalifa scored big with his lead single "Black and Yellow". The Stargate-produced song climbed to No. 5 and 10 on Billboard Hot Rap and R&B/Hip-Hop Songs charts respectively. Also, the Gold-certified track rose to No. 11 on Hot 100, marking his highest-charting single.
"It's going crazy right now, radio and the video's heating it up and I'm just real happy to have that crossover success - it's looking like we're having that crossover success that people were sketchy and didn't know if I was gonna be able to do that or not," he said. "So with the single doing what it's doing, it's really helping me out." Crediting fans for his success, he celebrated it with a homecoming concert in Pittsburgh on December 16.
Beside having a new album coming out, Khalifa is also preparing to rock out one of the major music events, 2011 Bamboozle Festival. He is lined up alongside Lil Wayne, Motley Crue, Bruno Mars, LMFAO, Dashboard Confessional, Waka Flocka Flame, New Found Glory and many more.
More Wiz Khalifa News
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie