Matt Dillon Joins 'Modern Family', Brian Austin Green Gets New Pilot
In a slew of casting news coming out on Friday, December 17, Matt Dillon and Brian Austin Green's names have popped out. The former is heading to "Modern Family" as a guest star while the latter is the star of a new TBS pilot "The Wedding Band".
Dillon would play Julie Bowen's character's ex boyfriend. According to EW, Claire's ex has a new galpal and Claire is probably not going to like her because it's Claire's mom, DeDe Pritchett. This means Shelley Long will reprise her role as DeDe. No other details including air date have been announced.
The casting, at the same time, proves that Claire and Phil have in the past dated attractive people before finding each other and getting married. Judy Greer previously dropped by to play Phil's ex Denise.
Meanwhile, Green is going to team up with "Lost" alum Harold Perrineau in the hourlong comedy which centers on a group of guys trying to escape the stress and chaos of their lives by performing in a wedding band. Green and Perrineau would be best buddies, one a bachelor and the other a married father of two.
In addition to the two actors, there will be Peter Cambor and Derek Miller. The project which comes from FremantleMedia has assigned "South Park" writers Josh Lobis and Darin Moiselle to pen the pilot and serve as executive producers. Bryan Gordon of "Curb Your Enthusiasm" will direct and co-exec produce the pilot.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie