Eric Braeden Warns Neil Patrick Harris Not to Cross His Path
After a spur of moment, Neil Patrick Harris admitted that he feels bad for attacking Eric Braeden just because the actor pulled at the last minute as the guest star on "How I Met Your Mother". He tweeted, "Now I feel bad for the D-bag comment. Don't know the guy personally. I'm just fiercely protective of our show."
Few hours before that, Harris called Braeden a "D-bag" on Twitter. "Eric Braeden is a D-Bag. the actor, (Robin's dad) agreed to a cameo, then last night bailed, saying the part wasn't 'substantial' enough," he wrote. Then he slammed further, "We've recast with Ray Wise, a fantastic actor who makes any part 'substantial'. Super excited to welcome him to the family!"
Braeden then responded with a statement to EW. He said with a laugh, "I really don't know who that fellow is. He's a guy who stars in that series. It's very unfortunate. First of all, I came back from hip surgery. I was off for three weeks. I've doubled my work, 30 to 50 pages a day for me, alone. Everyone knows that I'm exhausted. I was not about to appear on a show for two lines, because that's what it amounted to."
Braeden, who plays Robin's father on the CBS sitcom, said he was happy working there the first time in November 2008. But he's not happy with Harris this time. "His choice of words bothered me," Braeden added. "It seems to me like a young whippersnapper, having seen himself on a few covers, who's received a few awards, is now suddenly suffering from the first signs of hubris. I've been in the business for 50 years. I've seen people come and go and I'm still here."
But Braeden is willing to shake off the rift, saying "If he is a worthy adversary, he'd better not cross my path. I will let bygones be bygones."
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money