Eric Braeden Warns Neil Patrick Harris Not to Cross His Path
After a spur of moment, Neil Patrick Harris admitted that he feels bad for attacking Eric Braeden just because the actor pulled at the last minute as the guest star on "How I Met Your Mother". He tweeted, "Now I feel bad for the D-bag comment. Don't know the guy personally. I'm just fiercely protective of our show."
Few hours before that, Harris called Braeden a "D-bag" on Twitter. "Eric Braeden is a D-Bag. the actor, (Robin's dad) agreed to a cameo, then last night bailed, saying the part wasn't 'substantial' enough," he wrote. Then he slammed further, "We've recast with Ray Wise, a fantastic actor who makes any part 'substantial'. Super excited to welcome him to the family!"
Braeden then responded with a statement to EW. He said with a laugh, "I really don't know who that fellow is. He's a guy who stars in that series. It's very unfortunate. First of all, I came back from hip surgery. I was off for three weeks. I've doubled my work, 30 to 50 pages a day for me, alone. Everyone knows that I'm exhausted. I was not about to appear on a show for two lines, because that's what it amounted to."
Braeden, who plays Robin's father on the CBS sitcom, said he was happy working there the first time in November 2008. But he's not happy with Harris this time. "His choice of words bothered me," Braeden added. "It seems to me like a young whippersnapper, having seen himself on a few covers, who's received a few awards, is now suddenly suffering from the first signs of hubris. I've been in the business for 50 years. I've seen people come and go and I'm still here."
But Braeden is willing to shake off the rift, saying "If he is a worthy adversary, he'd better not cross my path. I will let bygones be bygones."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy