Eric Braeden Warns Neil Patrick Harris Not to Cross His Path
After a spur of moment, Neil Patrick Harris admitted that he feels bad for attacking Eric Braeden just because the actor pulled at the last minute as the guest star on "How I Met Your Mother". He tweeted, "Now I feel bad for the D-bag comment. Don't know the guy personally. I'm just fiercely protective of our show."
Few hours before that, Harris called Braeden a "D-bag" on Twitter. "Eric Braeden is a D-Bag. the actor, (Robin's dad) agreed to a cameo, then last night bailed, saying the part wasn't 'substantial' enough," he wrote. Then he slammed further, "We've recast with Ray Wise, a fantastic actor who makes any part 'substantial'. Super excited to welcome him to the family!"
Braeden then responded with a statement to EW. He said with a laugh, "I really don't know who that fellow is. He's a guy who stars in that series. It's very unfortunate. First of all, I came back from hip surgery. I was off for three weeks. I've doubled my work, 30 to 50 pages a day for me, alone. Everyone knows that I'm exhausted. I was not about to appear on a show for two lines, because that's what it amounted to."
Braeden, who plays Robin's father on the CBS sitcom, said he was happy working there the first time in November 2008. But he's not happy with Harris this time. "His choice of words bothered me," Braeden added. "It seems to me like a young whippersnapper, having seen himself on a few covers, who's received a few awards, is now suddenly suffering from the first signs of hubris. I've been in the business for 50 years. I've seen people come and go and I'm still here."
But Braeden is willing to shake off the rift, saying "If he is a worthy adversary, he'd better not cross my path. I will let bygones be bygones."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?