Video Premiere: Leighton Meester's 'Summer Girl' From 'Country Strong'
Leighton Meester is a summer girl in a music video coming out via MTV from her upcoming movie "Country Strong". The actress who plays beauty queen-turned-singer Chiles Stanton is performing for a bunch of people while scenes from the Gwyneth Paltrow-starring flick are flashing in random.
"Summer Girl" is originally a 2005 song by Jessica Andrews. The revamped version performed by Meester is not listed in the soundtrack album of the movie. Instead, she contributes "Words I Couldn't Say" to the theme songs compilation which went on sale in the U.S. market on October 26.
"Country Strong" itself will not be released in theaters across the country until December 22. It follows a fallen country music singer Kelly Canter (Gwyneth Paltrow) as she embarks on a career resurrection tour with her husband-manager (Tim McGraw) and Stanton.
Leighton Meester's "Summer Girl" music video
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game