Video Premiere: Leighton Meester's 'Summer Girl' From 'Country Strong'
Leighton Meester is a summer girl in a music video coming out via MTV from her upcoming movie "Country Strong". The actress who plays beauty queen-turned-singer Chiles Stanton is performing for a bunch of people while scenes from the Gwyneth Paltrow-starring flick are flashing in random.
"Summer Girl" is originally a 2005 song by Jessica Andrews. The revamped version performed by Meester is not listed in the soundtrack album of the movie. Instead, she contributes "Words I Couldn't Say" to the theme songs compilation which went on sale in the U.S. market on October 26.
"Country Strong" itself will not be released in theaters across the country until December 22. It follows a fallen country music singer Kelly Canter (Gwyneth Paltrow) as she embarks on a career resurrection tour with her husband-manager (Tim McGraw) and Stanton.
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest