Video Premiere: Leighton Meester's 'Summer Girl' From 'Country Strong'
Leighton Meester is a summer girl in a music video coming out via MTV from her upcoming movie "Country Strong". The actress who plays beauty queen-turned-singer Chiles Stanton is performing for a bunch of people while scenes from the Gwyneth Paltrow-starring flick are flashing in random.
"Summer Girl" is originally a 2005 song by Jessica Andrews. The revamped version performed by Meester is not listed in the soundtrack album of the movie. Instead, she contributes "Words I Couldn't Say" to the theme songs compilation which went on sale in the U.S. market on October 26.
"Country Strong" itself will not be released in theaters across the country until December 22. It follows a fallen country music singer Kelly Canter (Gwyneth Paltrow) as she embarks on a career resurrection tour with her husband-manager (Tim McGraw) and Stanton.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture