Video Premiere: Leighton Meester's 'Summer Girl' From 'Country Strong'
Leighton Meester is a summer girl in a music video coming out via MTV from her upcoming movie "Country Strong". The actress who plays beauty queen-turned-singer Chiles Stanton is performing for a bunch of people while scenes from the Gwyneth Paltrow-starring flick are flashing in random.
"Summer Girl" is originally a 2005 song by Jessica Andrews. The revamped version performed by Meester is not listed in the soundtrack album of the movie. Instead, she contributes "Words I Couldn't Say" to the theme songs compilation which went on sale in the U.S. market on October 26.
"Country Strong" itself will not be released in theaters across the country until December 22. It follows a fallen country music singer Kelly Canter (Gwyneth Paltrow) as she embarks on a career resurrection tour with her husband-manager (Tim McGraw) and Stanton.
Leighton Meester's "Summer Girl" music video
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival