Video Premiere: Leighton Meester's 'Summer Girl' From 'Country Strong'
Leighton Meester is a summer girl in a music video coming out via MTV from her upcoming movie "Country Strong". The actress who plays beauty queen-turned-singer Chiles Stanton is performing for a bunch of people while scenes from the Gwyneth Paltrow-starring flick are flashing in random.
"Summer Girl" is originally a 2005 song by Jessica Andrews. The revamped version performed by Meester is not listed in the soundtrack album of the movie. Instead, she contributes "Words I Couldn't Say" to the theme songs compilation which went on sale in the U.S. market on October 26.
"Country Strong" itself will not be released in theaters across the country until December 22. It follows a fallen country music singer Kelly Canter (Gwyneth Paltrow) as she embarks on a career resurrection tour with her husband-manager (Tim McGraw) and Stanton.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?