Duncan Jones' 'Source Code' Is 2011 SXSW's Opening Film
The South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference and Festival has picked the film that will kick off this year's festival. On December 16, it has been announced that "Source Code" is the official opening film of 2011 SXSW.
Thus, the movie from director Duncan Jones will be screened for attendees at the SXSW on March 11, 2011, the same day it is released in U.K. Meanwhile, in the U.S. the action thriller will only open wide a few weeks later on April 1.
"Source Code" follows soldier Captain Colter Steven, portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal, who wakes up in the body of an unknown man. He learns that he is part of an experimental government program investigating a terrorist incident, reliving a harrowing train bombing until he can find who is responsible for the attack. Vera Farmiga and Michelle Monaghan take other roles.
2011 SXSW will run from March 11 to 19, 2011. Complete line-up will be announced in early February.
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer