Duncan Jones' 'Source Code' Is 2011 SXSW's Opening Film
The South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference and Festival has picked the film that will kick off this year's festival. On December 16, it has been announced that "Source Code" is the official opening film of 2011 SXSW.
Thus, the movie from director Duncan Jones will be screened for attendees at the SXSW on March 11, 2011, the same day it is released in U.K. Meanwhile, in the U.S. the action thriller will only open wide a few weeks later on April 1.
"Source Code" follows soldier Captain Colter Steven, portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal, who wakes up in the body of an unknown man. He learns that he is part of an experimental government program investigating a terrorist incident, reliving a harrowing train bombing until he can find who is responsible for the attack. Vera Farmiga and Michelle Monaghan take other roles.
2011 SXSW will run from March 11 to 19, 2011. Complete line-up will be announced in early February.
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24