Duncan Jones' 'Source Code' Is 2011 SXSW's Opening Film
The South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference and Festival has picked the film that will kick off this year's festival. On December 16, it has been announced that "Source Code" is the official opening film of 2011 SXSW.
Thus, the movie from director Duncan Jones will be screened for attendees at the SXSW on March 11, 2011, the same day it is released in U.K. Meanwhile, in the U.S. the action thriller will only open wide a few weeks later on April 1.
"Source Code" follows soldier Captain Colter Steven, portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal, who wakes up in the body of an unknown man. He learns that he is part of an experimental government program investigating a terrorist incident, reliving a harrowing train bombing until he can find who is responsible for the attack. Vera Farmiga and Michelle Monaghan take other roles.
2011 SXSW will run from March 11 to 19, 2011. Complete line-up will be announced in early February.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier