Duncan Jones' 'Source Code' Is 2011 SXSW's Opening Film
The South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference and Festival has picked the film that will kick off this year's festival. On December 16, it has been announced that "Source Code" is the official opening film of 2011 SXSW.
Thus, the movie from director Duncan Jones will be screened for attendees at the SXSW on March 11, 2011, the same day it is released in U.K. Meanwhile, in the U.S. the action thriller will only open wide a few weeks later on April 1.
"Source Code" follows soldier Captain Colter Steven, portrayed by Jake Gyllenhaal, who wakes up in the body of an unknown man. He learns that he is part of an experimental government program investigating a terrorist incident, reliving a harrowing train bombing until he can find who is responsible for the attack. Vera Farmiga and Michelle Monaghan take other roles.
2011 SXSW will run from March 11 to 19, 2011. Complete line-up will be announced in early February.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'