Crystal Bowersox's 'Farmer's Daughter' Music Video Arrives in Full
Following a short teaser earlier this week, Crystal Bowersox fully unveils an official music video for her debut single "Farmer's Daughter". She bares her troubled past and the "healing circle" she has gone through, in this Meiert Avis-directed music video.
Written by herself and produced by David Bendeth, the song is taken from Bowersox's newly-released first studio album of the same name "Farmer's Daughter". It is "bluntly and brutally honest" in detailing her tumultuous and abusive relationship with her mother.
In the music video, the dreadlocked singer shows what makes her different from her mother and how her dark past helps her to be a better person. While her mother seemed to always hold her in arms length, Bowersox makes sure her child doesn't go through the same experience.
"When I wrote the song is when all of those emotions left me," she once told MTV. "I don't carry them around in my heart. It's not part of me as a person ... so every time I sing the song, it floods back in, which gives passion for the performance, but when the song's over, I'm back to smiling, happy, bubbly me."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked