Crystal Bowersox's 'Farmer's Daughter' Music Video Arrives in Full
Following a short teaser earlier this week, Crystal Bowersox fully unveils an official music video for her debut single "Farmer's Daughter". She bares her troubled past and the "healing circle" she has gone through, in this Meiert Avis-directed music video.
Written by herself and produced by David Bendeth, the song is taken from Bowersox's newly-released first studio album of the same name "Farmer's Daughter". It is "bluntly and brutally honest" in detailing her tumultuous and abusive relationship with her mother.
In the music video, the dreadlocked singer shows what makes her different from her mother and how her dark past helps her to be a better person. While her mother seemed to always hold her in arms length, Bowersox makes sure her child doesn't go through the same experience.
"When I wrote the song is when all of those emotions left me," she once told MTV. "I don't carry them around in my heart. It's not part of me as a person ... so every time I sing the song, it floods back in, which gives passion for the performance, but when the song's over, I'm back to smiling, happy, bubbly me."
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics