Crystal Bowersox's 'Farmer's Daughter' Music Video Arrives in Full
Following a short teaser earlier this week, Crystal Bowersox fully unveils an official music video for her debut single "Farmer's Daughter". She bares her troubled past and the "healing circle" she has gone through, in this Meiert Avis-directed music video.
Written by herself and produced by David Bendeth, the song is taken from Bowersox's newly-released first studio album of the same name "Farmer's Daughter". It is "bluntly and brutally honest" in detailing her tumultuous and abusive relationship with her mother.
In the music video, the dreadlocked singer shows what makes her different from her mother and how her dark past helps her to be a better person. While her mother seemed to always hold her in arms length, Bowersox makes sure her child doesn't go through the same experience.
"When I wrote the song is when all of those emotions left me," she once told MTV. "I don't carry them around in my heart. It's not part of me as a person ... so every time I sing the song, it floods back in, which gives passion for the performance, but when the song's over, I'm back to smiling, happy, bubbly me."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'