Crystal Bowersox's 'Farmer's Daughter' Music Video Arrives in Full
Following a short teaser earlier this week, Crystal Bowersox fully unveils an official music video for her debut single "Farmer's Daughter". She bares her troubled past and the "healing circle" she has gone through, in this Meiert Avis-directed music video.
Written by herself and produced by David Bendeth, the song is taken from Bowersox's newly-released first studio album of the same name "Farmer's Daughter". It is "bluntly and brutally honest" in detailing her tumultuous and abusive relationship with her mother.
In the music video, the dreadlocked singer shows what makes her different from her mother and how her dark past helps her to be a better person. While her mother seemed to always hold her in arms length, Bowersox makes sure her child doesn't go through the same experience.
"When I wrote the song is when all of those emotions left me," she once told MTV. "I don't carry them around in my heart. It's not part of me as a person ... so every time I sing the song, it floods back in, which gives passion for the performance, but when the song's over, I'm back to smiling, happy, bubbly me."
Crystal Bowersox's "Farmer's Daughter" music video
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby