Confirmed, Gwyneth Paltrow Offered Lead Role in Musical 'Rock of Ages'
Having proven her singing skill in "Country Strong" must have given more confidence to Gwyneth Paltrow to take on another musical film. The blonde actress has revealed that she is offered a lead role in "Rock of Ages", an upcoming big screen adaptation of the Broadway play of the same title.
"It sounds cool," she gushed about her potential starring-vehicle when hitting the red carpet of "Country Strong" premiere in Los Angeles on Tuesday, December 14. She additionally told Entertainment Weekly, "I just got the script and I will read it on the plane home tomorrow. But it sounds like it could be fun."
Moreover, producer Jenno Topping confirmed that Tom Cruise is "in discussions" for a role, which is not specified yet, in "Rock of Ages". "It's real. Although, it is not cemented," he added.
Another site, The Wrap, reported before that Alec Baldwin could also join the musical project. He is reportedly offered the role of Dennis Dupree. Mary J. Blige has been mentioned to star in the upcoming movie, too.
"Rock of Ages" is going to be directed by "Hairspray" helmer Adam Shankman. Chris D'Arienzo provides the script for the film, that follows a young rocker hungry for his big break and a small town girl who both land on the LA rock scene just as a legendary Hollywood venue is facing its demise. Production could be kicked off in early 2011.
Gwyneth Paltrow performed several songs in "Country Strong" which will grace U.S. theaters on January 7, 2011. She recently appeared in TV series "Glee" in which she also showed off her vocal. Hinting at what she will do next, the wife of Coldplay vocalist Chris Martin told EW, "I will probably do some more 'Glee' episodes and maybe some more films that involve singing, but I'm not sure I would ever quit my current job and become a full-time singer. I love my day job and we already have a musician in the family."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story