Susan Boyle Denies T.I. No. 1 on Hot 200
Christmas is just around the corner, and Susan Boyle's holiday album "The Gift" proves to be one of the favorite gifts to pick as it continues to sell well even after a month of release. The album adds another 243,000 copies and remains atop Billboard Hot 200, blocking such new entries as T.I.'s "No Mercy" from the top spot.
The Atlanta rapper who released the Hip-Hop effort from behind bars lands at No. 4 on the U.S. albums chart, bowing with 159,000 units. Although losing the chance to debut at No. 1, T.I. is still grateful. In an open letter to his fans, he wrote, "I'd like to thank everybody again for going out and supporting the Hustle yet again with 'No Mercy' last week. I can't say enough on how much I appreciate the support and all the positive feedback."
Other than "No Mercy", the other new release which breaks the Top 10 this week is soundtrack album from Garrett Hedlund-starring movie "Tron Legacy". The theme songs compilation filled with Daft Punk's music rounds up the Top 10 with 71,000 copies.
Taylor Swift trails behind Boyle once again at the runner-up place with "Speak Now", new "Glee" Christmas album and "Volume 4" collection sit at No. 3 and 8 respectively, and Jackie Evancho's "O Holy Night" rounds up the Top 5. Next, Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday" climbs up from No. 8 to No. 6, Josh Groban's "Illuminations" also moves two spots from No. 9 to No. 7, and Rihanna's "Loud" rises one slot to No. 9.
Getting kicked out of the list are Black Eyed Peas' "The Beginning" and Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". After debuting at No. 6 with average opening sale, will.i.am and the gang have to suffer more disappointment in its second week, crashing at No. 16 with 62,000 sold (down 48%). As for Kanye, the former Hot 200 champ drops from No. 7 to No. 14 in its third week of release.
- "The Gift" - Susan Boyle (243,000)
- "Speak Now" - Taylor Swift (201,000)
- "Glee: The music, The Christmas Album" - various artists (193,000)
- "No Mercy" - T.I. (159,000)
- "O Holy Night" - Jackie Evancho (149,000)
- "Pink Friday" - Nicki Minaj (82,000)
- "Illuminations" - Josh Groban (75,000)
- "Glee: The music, Volume 4" - various artists (74,000)
- "Loud" - Rihanna (71,000)
- "Tron Legacy" soundtrack album - Daft Punk (71,000)
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers