Susan Boyle Denies T.I. No. 1 on Hot 200
Christmas is just around the corner, and Susan Boyle's holiday album "The Gift" proves to be one of the favorite gifts to pick as it continues to sell well even after a month of release. The album adds another 243,000 copies and remains atop Billboard Hot 200, blocking such new entries as T.I.'s "No Mercy" from the top spot.
The Atlanta rapper who released the Hip-Hop effort from behind bars lands at No. 4 on the U.S. albums chart, bowing with 159,000 units. Although losing the chance to debut at No. 1, T.I. is still grateful. In an open letter to his fans, he wrote, "I'd like to thank everybody again for going out and supporting the Hustle yet again with 'No Mercy' last week. I can't say enough on how much I appreciate the support and all the positive feedback."
Other than "No Mercy", the other new release which breaks the Top 10 this week is soundtrack album from Garrett Hedlund-starring movie "Tron Legacy". The theme songs compilation filled with Daft Punk's music rounds up the Top 10 with 71,000 copies.
Taylor Swift trails behind Boyle once again at the runner-up place with "Speak Now", new "Glee" Christmas album and "Volume 4" collection sit at No. 3 and 8 respectively, and Jackie Evancho's "O Holy Night" rounds up the Top 5. Next, Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday" climbs up from No. 8 to No. 6, Josh Groban's "Illuminations" also moves two spots from No. 9 to No. 7, and Rihanna's "Loud" rises one slot to No. 9.
Getting kicked out of the list are Black Eyed Peas' "The Beginning" and Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy". After debuting at No. 6 with average opening sale, will.i.am and the gang have to suffer more disappointment in its second week, crashing at No. 16 with 62,000 sold (down 48%). As for Kanye, the former Hot 200 champ drops from No. 7 to No. 14 in its third week of release.
- "The Gift" - Susan Boyle (243,000)
- "Speak Now" - Taylor Swift (201,000)
- "Glee: The music, The Christmas Album" - various artists (193,000)
- "No Mercy" - T.I. (159,000)
- "O Holy Night" - Jackie Evancho (149,000)
- "Pink Friday" - Nicki Minaj (82,000)
- "Illuminations" - Josh Groban (75,000)
- "Glee: The music, Volume 4" - various artists (74,000)
- "Loud" - Rihanna (71,000)
- "Tron Legacy" soundtrack album - Daft Punk (71,000)
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off