Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, MCR, Bono to Ring In New Year With Carson Daly
After "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest" revealed its crowded line-up, now it's "NBC's New Year's Eve with Carson Daly" that announces its also-star-studded musical guests. Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and My Chemical Romance are booked for the annual gig.
The major event will air in two-hour special on December 31, beginning 10-11 P.M. Beside live performances, there will also be an interview between Daly and U2's Bono and The Edge. They will be talking about writing the score and lyrics for the new Broadway musical "Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark". Live reports from New York City's Times Square will be handled by "Today" correspondents Natalie Morales and Amy Robach.
"With performances from Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and My Chemical Romance, this will truly be an energetic and celebratory night," Daly said in a statement. "Sitting down and drinking champagne with Bono and The Edge is on my 'bucket list' -- so getting to do that is awesome!"
More Lil Wayne News
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test