Nicolas Cage Reunites With 'Con Air' Director for 'Medallion'
Still in the production of "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance", Nicolas Cage has already lined up his next project. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) says the 46-year-old actor is on board for the lead role in action movie "Medallion", which will be financed by Millennium Films.
Cage will portray a father, a former master thief, who has only a few hours to find his daughter when she is kidnapped and locked in the trunk of a New York medallion taxi cab. Clive Owen and Jason Statham were linked to the project at one point.
Set to serve behind the lens of the upcoming movie is Simon West, who has previously directed Cage in 1997 "Con Air". Meanwhile, former Us Weekly journalist David Guggenheim, who writes "Safe House" to be starring Denzel Washington, provides the script for "Medallion". Matthew Joynes, Jesse Kennedy and James Holt team up to produce with Avi Lerner, Danny Trevor, Cassian Elwes and Mary Viola executive producing, THR further reports.
Nicolas Cage has several films waiting to be released such as "The Hungry Rabbit Jumps", "Trespass" and "Drive Angry". Before that, he can be seen in "Season of the Witch" which has been pushed back from its original release date of March 19 this year to January 7, 2011.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama