Nicolas Cage Reunites With 'Con Air' Director for 'Medallion'
Still in the production of "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance", Nicolas Cage has already lined up his next project. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) says the 46-year-old actor is on board for the lead role in action movie "Medallion", which will be financed by Millennium Films.
Cage will portray a father, a former master thief, who has only a few hours to find his daughter when she is kidnapped and locked in the trunk of a New York medallion taxi cab. Clive Owen and Jason Statham were linked to the project at one point.
Set to serve behind the lens of the upcoming movie is Simon West, who has previously directed Cage in 1997 "Con Air". Meanwhile, former Us Weekly journalist David Guggenheim, who writes "Safe House" to be starring Denzel Washington, provides the script for "Medallion". Matthew Joynes, Jesse Kennedy and James Holt team up to produce with Avi Lerner, Danny Trevor, Cassian Elwes and Mary Viola executive producing, THR further reports.
Nicolas Cage has several films waiting to be released such as "The Hungry Rabbit Jumps", "Trespass" and "Drive Angry". Before that, he can be seen in "Season of the Witch" which has been pushed back from its original release date of March 19 this year to January 7, 2011.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip