Nicolas Cage Reunites With 'Con Air' Director for 'Medallion'
Still in the production of "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance", Nicolas Cage has already lined up his next project. The Hollywood Reporter (THR) says the 46-year-old actor is on board for the lead role in action movie "Medallion", which will be financed by Millennium Films.
Cage will portray a father, a former master thief, who has only a few hours to find his daughter when she is kidnapped and locked in the trunk of a New York medallion taxi cab. Clive Owen and Jason Statham were linked to the project at one point.
Set to serve behind the lens of the upcoming movie is Simon West, who has previously directed Cage in 1997 "Con Air". Meanwhile, former Us Weekly journalist David Guggenheim, who writes "Safe House" to be starring Denzel Washington, provides the script for "Medallion". Matthew Joynes, Jesse Kennedy and James Holt team up to produce with Avi Lerner, Danny Trevor, Cassian Elwes and Mary Viola executive producing, THR further reports.
Nicolas Cage has several films waiting to be released such as "The Hungry Rabbit Jumps", "Trespass" and "Drive Angry". Before that, he can be seen in "Season of the Witch" which has been pushed back from its original release date of March 19 this year to January 7, 2011.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story