Jane Lynch to Stab Homer Simpson From the Back
She has made enemies in the entire McKinley High School, and now she is adding another one in Springfield. Jane Lynch is the next star of "Glee" after Amber Riley, Cory Monteith and Lea Michele to voice a character on FOX's "The Simpsons".
EW reported that the Emmy-winning actress had recorded her lines last week as Homer's new assistant at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. The character's name is Roz. "This woman seems terrifically nice, but then it turns out she's just completely undermining him every step of the way and gets his job - until he can discover her one weakness with the help of Ned Flanders," exec producer Al Jean said.
This is the first "Simpsons" gig for Lynch who is nominated for a Golden Globe next year. "She can do edge, sweetness, and a mix of both," Jean said. "I'm just embarrassed we didn't ask her before she was so successful because she's funny in everything she does. We were very happy when she said yes."
The episode is titled "Replaceable You" and would air early next season.
More The Simpsons News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season