Jane Lynch to Stab Homer Simpson From the Back
She has made enemies in the entire McKinley High School, and now she is adding another one in Springfield. Jane Lynch is the next star of "Glee" after Amber Riley, Cory Monteith and Lea Michele to voice a character on FOX's "The Simpsons".
EW reported that the Emmy-winning actress had recorded her lines last week as Homer's new assistant at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. The character's name is Roz. "This woman seems terrifically nice, but then it turns out she's just completely undermining him every step of the way and gets his job - until he can discover her one weakness with the help of Ned Flanders," exec producer Al Jean said.
This is the first "Simpsons" gig for Lynch who is nominated for a Golden Globe next year. "She can do edge, sweetness, and a mix of both," Jean said. "I'm just embarrassed we didn't ask her before she was so successful because she's funny in everything she does. We were very happy when she said yes."
The episode is titled "Replaceable You" and would air early next season.
More The Simpsons News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake