Jane Lynch to Stab Homer Simpson From the Back
She has made enemies in the entire McKinley High School, and now she is adding another one in Springfield. Jane Lynch is the next star of "Glee" after Amber Riley, Cory Monteith and Lea Michele to voice a character on FOX's "The Simpsons".
EW reported that the Emmy-winning actress had recorded her lines last week as Homer's new assistant at the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. The character's name is Roz. "This woman seems terrifically nice, but then it turns out she's just completely undermining him every step of the way and gets his job - until he can discover her one weakness with the help of Ned Flanders," exec producer Al Jean said.
This is the first "Simpsons" gig for Lynch who is nominated for a Golden Globe next year. "She can do edge, sweetness, and a mix of both," Jean said. "I'm just embarrassed we didn't ask her before she was so successful because she's funny in everything she does. We were very happy when she said yes."
The episode is titled "Replaceable You" and would air early next season.
More The Simpsons News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding