Official: David Hasselhoff Moves to 'Britain's Got Talent'
David Hasselhoff may have just lost a job when his reality show on A&E was canceled but he is not out of it. It has just been made official that the former "Baywatch" star would be one of the judges on "Britain's Got Talent", joining Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and also newly-added Michael McIntyre.
Piers Morgan who is one of the original judges left the show this year to replace Larry King on his late night show starting this January. Morgan also serves as one of the judges on "America's Got Talent" where Hasselhoff used to be.
"Britain's Got Talent is one of the UK's biggest entertainment shows and I'm delighted to unveil Michael McIntyre and David Hasselhoff alongside Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden in a stellar new lineup of judges," the ITV director of entertainment and comedy, Elaine Bedell, said.
As for McIntyre, he is signed to a non-exclusive deal which would allow him to front other shows for BBC. "I'm a massive fan of Britain's Got Talent and am extremely excited to be a judge on the new series," the comedian said. "I was so thrilled when Simon Cowell asked me that I immediately wanted to run in to Ant and Dec's arms to celebrate."
Anthony McPartlin and Declan Donnelly aka Ant & Dec remain intact as the host and they have just signed a two-year deal with ITV last year. The fifth series of "BGT" would premiere in Spring 2011.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly