Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson Announce Split Through Rep
It becomes more and more obvious that this is the year of split. Another high-profile celebrities, Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson, have called it quits after two years of marriage. The couple released an official statement through their rep just a day after Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter announced theirs.
"After long and careful consideration on both our parts, we've decided to end our marriage," they said Tuesday, December 14 through their publicist, Meredith O'Sullivan. "We entered our relationship with love, and it's with love and kindness we leave it. While privacy isn't expected, it's certainly appreciated."
The couple, which is notorious for being very private about their relationship, was engaged in May 2008 and got married four months later. They worked together in a documentary called "The Whale" which is narrated by Reynolds and produced by both of them. The producers are aiming for a summer 2011 release, which means Reynolds and Johansson would have to reunite for promotional duties.
"We have no reason to believe that their passion and commitment to this project will waver as a result of any changes in their personal lives," a producer for the film told the Ministry in an e-mail.
More Ryan Reynolds News
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC
- Watch Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Shed Tears in 'Wolves' Music Video
- Amber Rose Reveals Wiz Khalifa Puts His Sperm on Her Face While They're Having Sex
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring