will.i.am to Cher Lloyd: 'Don't Sign With Simon, Sign With Me'
will.i.am is so impressed with Cher Lloyd that he offers "The X Factor" alum a record deal. They made a duet on the December 11 episode of the U.K. TV show, singing "Where Is the Love" and "I Gotta Feeling". And then in a secret backstage meeting, he told her, "Don't sign with Simon, sign with me."
"When I first saw her I started giggling, I couldn't help myself," will.i.am recalled to the Daily Star. "I was laughing because her talent is such a no-brainer. Cheryl [Cole] was like: 'What's wrong?' I was like: 'I'm laughing because she's so awesome!' I think she's going to do something great."
"I wanted to sign her as I left the house," the Black Eyed Peas star said before adding that she needs to break away from the "X Factor" label. "My fear is that if she doesn't hook up with the right creative people she's going to end up being too bubblegum."
He explained more, "I'd make edgy hip-hop with a bit of pop and electro thrown in. It would have to have lots of attitude but be melodic at the same time. She's like a ball of energy and I don't think she knows what to do with that energy."
Cher Lloyd was eliminated at the end of the Saturday finale. "I want to give a big thank you... to everybody who believed in me. My highlight throughout was standing on stage with will.i.am. I can't believe I had the opportunity to do that," she said after the elimination.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed