Charlize Theron and Julia Roberts Wanted as Evil Queens
Two Snow White projects brewing under two different studios get casting news at the same time. Universal's "Snow White and the Huntsman" reportedly is hunting for Charlize Theron to play the evil Queen while Relativity Media's "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White" wants Julia Roberts to take the villainous role.
None of the casting has been confirmed but there is more progress in the casting department of Universal's version. The studio is also talking to Michael Fassbender's reps to have him starring as the huntsman. If the deal is struck, Theron and Fassbender would go under direction of newcomer Rupert Sanders.
As for the titular character, the studio has prepared a shortlist of young actress' names. They initially wanted to go with established starlets such as Kristen Stewart and Saoirse Ronan but have since changed direction. The screen tests will be conducted in the next few days, THR said.
Those who are expected to turn up are Riley Keough aka Marie Currie in "The Runaways", Felicity Jones aka Miranda in "The Tempest", Bella Heathcoat aka Amanda Fowler in "Neighbours" and Alicia Vikander aka Katarina in Swedish movie "Beloved". Apart from Keough, the three other actresses have not broken American market yet.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri