Charlize Theron and Julia Roberts Wanted as Evil Queens
Two Snow White projects brewing under two different studios get casting news at the same time. Universal's "Snow White and the Huntsman" reportedly is hunting for Charlize Theron to play the evil Queen while Relativity Media's "The Brothers Grimm: Snow White" wants Julia Roberts to take the villainous role.
None of the casting has been confirmed but there is more progress in the casting department of Universal's version. The studio is also talking to Michael Fassbender's reps to have him starring as the huntsman. If the deal is struck, Theron and Fassbender would go under direction of newcomer Rupert Sanders.
As for the titular character, the studio has prepared a shortlist of young actress' names. They initially wanted to go with established starlets such as Kristen Stewart and Saoirse Ronan but have since changed direction. The screen tests will be conducted in the next few days, THR said.
Those who are expected to turn up are Riley Keough aka Marie Currie in "The Runaways", Felicity Jones aka Miranda in "The Tempest", Bella Heathcoat aka Amanda Fowler in "Neighbours" and Alicia Vikander aka Katarina in Swedish movie "Beloved". Apart from Keough, the three other actresses have not broken American market yet.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series