Pictures: Gwyneth Paltrow at Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
Gwyneth Paltrow is the latest celebrity to get a Hollywood Walk of Fame star. The Pepper Potts of "Iron Man" came to the induction ceremony on Monday, December 13 in Los Angeles, California, wearing a white knee-length dress and receiving the 2,427th star in front of her friends and co-stars.
"Glee" actor Matthew Morrison, country music singers Tim McGraw and Faith Hill as well as director Shana Feste were among those offering their support for Paltrow. During the ceremony, McGraw who plays opposite her in "Country Strong" praised the actress for "singing beautifully" and said that she "inspires goodness and that's the best kind of friend to have."
Paltrow herself gave an emotional speech, stating "I think I'm going to get in the car and burst into tears. It just means so much to me to see all the people that I really love, and who have been supportive of me forever. I feel so honored, I can't believe it."
"The idea that my grandchildren can one day come and see my name on the sidewalk is very overwhelming. This city is so much a part of my heart and soul," she gushed before continuing to credit her family and people close to her for her success. "I don't think I would be here were it not for my family and old friends."
When asked what she will do if "Country Strong" where she plays a fallen singer is nominated for a Golden Globe, the 38-year-old movie beauty jokingly said, "With a joint, hanging out with my girlfriends, I don't know, I don't expect anything from that."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years