Pictures: Gwyneth Paltrow at Hollywood Walk of Fame Ceremony
Gwyneth Paltrow is the latest celebrity to get a Hollywood Walk of Fame star. The Pepper Potts of "Iron Man" came to the induction ceremony on Monday, December 13 in Los Angeles, California, wearing a white knee-length dress and receiving the 2,427th star in front of her friends and co-stars.
"Glee" actor Matthew Morrison, country music singers Tim McGraw and Faith Hill as well as director Shana Feste were among those offering their support for Paltrow. During the ceremony, McGraw who plays opposite her in "Country Strong" praised the actress for "singing beautifully" and said that she "inspires goodness and that's the best kind of friend to have."
Paltrow herself gave an emotional speech, stating "I think I'm going to get in the car and burst into tears. It just means so much to me to see all the people that I really love, and who have been supportive of me forever. I feel so honored, I can't believe it."
"The idea that my grandchildren can one day come and see my name on the sidewalk is very overwhelming. This city is so much a part of my heart and soul," she gushed before continuing to credit her family and people close to her for her success. "I don't think I would be here were it not for my family and old friends."
When asked what she will do if "Country Strong" where she plays a fallen singer is nominated for a Golden Globe, the 38-year-old movie beauty jokingly said, "With a joint, hanging out with my girlfriends, I don't know, I don't expect anything from that."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce